News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Mountains - Availability

Started by Pacific Northern, April 12, 2009, 10:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I see at present the Spectrum Heavy Mountain is only offered with DCC and Sound and there is no mention at all of the Light Mountain engine being available.

Are the Spectrum Mountain engines being phased out?

My favority hobby shop had the DCC ready engines on sale marked down substantially, now they are out of stock.  Most of the other hobby shops are out of stock as well. It seems only the Heavy Mountains with Sound and DCC are now available.

Pacific Northern

the Bach-man

Dear PN,
The Light Mountains are indeed out of production. This does not preclude a return in the future, however.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Pacific Northern

Thanks for the information Mr. Bach-man.

I have only heard good things about the Heavy Mountain engines from the members of several model railroad clubs. I was surprised at how many of the Heavy Mountain engines are in use.

I have no desire to obtain any more sound equipped engines.  I found out I am part of that group that just does not like sound. Tried it, do not like it all.  Will opt for DCC though.

When I noticed that the DCC ready only Heavy Mountain engines were  indeed becoming scarce I made up my mind to get at least one.  That model is  the only Spectrum steam engine I do not have.

Pacific Northern