DCC Locomotive Compatibility with E-Z Track® and Digital Commander DCC PLUS

Started by krisleo, August 11, 2024, 01:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krisleo

Hello,

I'm new to this hobby and the forum. I've started my layout project using E-Z Track® rigid tracks and the Digital Commander DCC PLUS® system, in N scale 1:160.

Question:
What other brands of DCC locomotives and rolling stock are compatible with E-Z Track® rigid tracks and the Digital Commander DCC PLUS®?

I'm asking because I'd like to know if the trains and rolling stock of my fellow club members could run on my layout.

Thank you very much for your response.

Best regards,
KRISLEO

jward

In theory, any N scale DCC locomotive could run on tour layout. You may run into limitations running larger locomotives on sharp curves. When I was in N scale I found alot of locomotives had problems on 9.75" radius, but most diesels would run on 11" radius. Later I built a layout where all curves were 14" radius or wider, and I never found a locomotive that wouldn't run on those curves. These radii do not exactly match EZ track curves, but they are close.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

krisleo

Hi jeard

Thank you for your quick response. I now feel more confident allowing other brands to connect to the tracks and the Bachmann DCC controller.