News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hi from Australia and a question

Started by oztrain, November 02, 2015, 02:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oztrain

Hi everyone I'm Larry  from  Melbourne  Australia.
I've been into model  railroading for about 15 years and just finally got serious about it
I have a question that I hope I can get answered.
I  have a Bachmann  USRA 0-6-0 that I love but I don't  like the plastic  tender  wheels.
Is there a  replacement for them   and if so  what is the  part  number?
Thanks  in advance
Larry
Trains and cats- what else do you  need?

electrical whiz kid

Hi, Larry;
Yeah...Wheels are probably the easiest issue to deal with in this hobby.  Probably the simplest approach would be (on this site) look at the home page.  You will see where you can access parts, availability, etc.  Go there, and you will find suitable replacements.  Another place would be "Kadee" couplers website.  They not only have wheels, trucks, but they also have an abundance of information (as does Bachmann, by the way).  There are a couple of dozen good sites out here in the internet.  My bet would be with Bachmann and Kadee; I think you will not be disappointed.
I have an acquaintance from Melbourne; his name is Tim Brien.  We used to be pretty much in touch with each other, but life, etc...  If you know him and you think of it, give him my very best.

Rich C.

jward

Bachmann 33" wheels should work in the tender.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jbrock27

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on November 02, 2015, 10:23:00 AM
I have an acquaintance from Melbourne; his name is Tim Brien.  If you know him and you think of it, give him my very best.

Rich C.

I bet he does; I heard Australia is just like Canada, everyone knows each other... ;)

BTW, I bet Proto 2000 wheel-sets would also fit in the tender's trucks, and likely cost less and who knows, may even be more easily obtainable.  Just a thought/suggestion.
Keep Calm and Carry On

oztrain

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've been looking at the Kadee website and I think a set of the 515 Vulcan trucks will do the job.

electrical whiz kid

HI AGAIN;
Just remember to make sure everything sits nice and square.  Also, as you have tender trucks, make double sure that any conductors are tightly connected and nothing is  shorting itself out.

RIch C.

oztrain

Thanks for the extra info Rich, I'll make sure it's all sitting properly.