News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWRLevi

Quote from: Armada Starscream on September 23, 2024, 07:57:40 PMSince A lot of people have been suggesting Gordons's Special Coaches, and I would like to see them as well, I would like to reiterate some of the things that I would hope they would include in Gordon's Special Coaches models.

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/SR_Maunsell_Coaches?so=search&file=Gordon%27sSpecialCoaches.png

For one thing, I would hope that Bachmann would make a set of Gordon's Special Composite Coach and Gordon's Special Brake Coach. Bachmann has done this before with the Toby's Museum Coaches, making both a composite and a brake version of these coaches, even though only the brake version appeared. That way, people could make a longer and complete express train for Gordon out of them. And hey, its two new products instead of one!

For another thing, I would hope they would recolor both of these Composite and Brake coaches out of the already existing Gordon's Express Composite Coach and Gordon's Express Brake Coach, with the rubber corridors on each end of them. Therefore, they would be compatible with the already existing Gordon's Express Coaches, as well as the Red Express Coaches. It would be cool to at least have the option for Gordon's Special Coaches to fit in with trains of already existing Express Coaches.

Yeah, I think reusing the existing tooling would be best. It keeps down on costs, and allows the coaches to fit in with the already existing ones. They wouldn't be accurate to the show, but neither are the already existing coaches, so that doesn't really apply. They were also repaints of the original express coaches in the show, so it would at least be accurate in that regard.

Also, 600 replies. Wow.
Praying for a Thomas x Transformers collaboration.

Awesometrain77

Bachmann  won't make new coach toolings I think people need to accept that
Gordon's special Express coaches definitely should happen and considering the success of Toby's museum coaches . I think that the special express coaches could happen.
On the topic of coaches Hannah and a variant of Henrietta with a face would be nice to see. But you could still buy the existing version of her similar to red and pink Rosie .
Spencer's brake coach is something they could do at the same time as Gordon special coaches as they would share the same tool, and they usually do things that share the same tone around the same time for example seven plank wagons and recent van releases

Cheeky_ULP

Honestly, I've very rarely seen people ask about specific toolings for the express coaches in any regard over the years, so I'd be surprised if there was suddenly a demand now. Similarly, I've never seen people ask for more accurate 7-plank toolings; stuff like that just isn't really on most Bachmann fans radars.

Awesometrain77

If Bachman branchline made coaches that were more accurate to the show I could get it but right now . Also keep in mind we barely get any. Aside from Annie Clarabel Herittia and Emily's coaches . Which are basically necessities for their respective engine. We only have two other brand new tool pieces of rolling stock that were made specifically for the standard gauge Thomas line those mean the mail wagons and the open carriage .

I have seen people ask for new slate trucks which also is something else that I do not think they  should locate resources

A breakdown train and works unit coach would be nice
Along with a hopper wagon and Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Bogie Truck could be some new tooling in the rolling stock department that I think could be brought to the line up

Armada Starscream

The reason I keep mentioning that I hope they would recolor the Gordon's Express Composite and Brake Coaches into Gordon's Special Coaches is because the Spencer Special Coach is not identical to the other Bachmann Thomas Express Coaches. The Spencer Special Coaches do not have the rubber connecting corridor at each end of the coach, all they have is a door outline. Therefore, while they can couple up to the regular Express Coaches, there is still a gap between the Special Coach and the Express Coaches. I would hope that given that Gordon is an express engine, that people would want to either give him more than just 2 Gordon's Special Coaches or combine those Coaches into their already existing Express Trains, and having the corridor on both would allow them to integrate seamlessly, without a gap, like a real express train would. That is why I would prefer it if they recolored the Gordon's Express Composite and Brake Coaches into the Gordon's Special Composite and Brake Coaches, as opposed to just recoloring the Spencer Special Coach, even if a Spencer Brake Coach is released to go with it.

Mulfred100

Quote from: Armada Starscream on September 25, 2024, 04:13:22 AMThe reason I keep mentioning that I hope they would recolor the Gordon's Express Composite and Brake Coaches into Gordon's Special Coaches is because the Spencer Special Coach is not identical to the other Bachmann Thomas Express Coaches. The Spencer Special Coaches do not have the rubber connecting corridor at each end of the coach, all they have is a door outline. Therefore, while they can couple up to the regular Express Coaches, there is still a gap between the Special Coach and the Express Coaches. I would hope that given that Gordon is an express engine, that people would want to either give him more than just 2 Gordon's Special Coaches or combine those Coaches into their already existing Express Trains, and having the corridor on both would allow them to integrate seamlessly, without a gap, like a real express train would. That is why I would prefer it if they recolored the Gordon's Express Composite and Brake Coaches into the Gordon's Special Composite and Brake Coaches, as opposed to just recoloring the Spencer Special Coach, even if a Spencer Brake Coach is released to go with it.
But completely inaccurate to the tv series. If they do Gordon's special coaches I'd much rather they used Spencer's coach without the corridor. It may not be real world accurate but it's TV accurate

I genuinely hate the corridors on the Bachmann Express Coaches

NWRLevi

Quote from: Mulfred100 on September 25, 2024, 09:17:19 AMBut completely inaccurate to the tv series. If they do Gordon's special coaches I'd much rather they used Spencer's coach without the corridor. It may not be real world accurate but it's TV accurate

I do get that, but also, Spencer's coach has the small doors on either end, meaning it wouldn't be accurate either way unless Bachmann makes a whole new tooling, which would never happen. They'd be inaccurate either way, so it would probably be best to use the already existing express coach tooling, as then they fit in with any already existing express trains. I do see where you're coming from, though.
Praying for a Thomas x Transformers collaboration.

Armada Starscream

Quote from: NWRLevi on September 25, 2024, 12:43:14 PM
Quote from: Mulfred100 on September 25, 2024, 09:17:19 AMBut completely inaccurate to the tv series. If they do Gordon's special coaches I'd much rather they used Spencer's coach without the corridor. It may not be real world accurate but it's TV accurate

I do get that, but also, Spencer's coach has the small doors on either end, meaning it wouldn't be accurate either way unless Bachmann makes a whole new tooling, which would never happen. They'd be inaccurate either way, so it would probably be best to use the already existing express coach tooling, as then they fit in with any already existing express trains. I do see where you're coming from, though.

I agree. Personally, I am fine with the Express Coaches having corridors at each end, even if it isn't screen accurate. So I hope that potential Gordon's Special Composite and Brake Coaches will have those corridors so they will fit in seamlessly.

Mulfred100

Quote from: NWRLevi on September 25, 2024, 12:43:14 PM

I'm not gonna argue. I'm just stating I personally would rather have them come without, it's been shown it can be done with Spencer's coach, tbh I don't understand why Bachmann didn't remove the corridors from the reintroduced versions. I unfortunately wouldn't buy them if they came with corridors but that's just me.