News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Pardon this double post, but this month's Trainworld stream did show Hannah's sample, just like I thought, but also revealed Sir Topham Hatt's Car fully painted, the Narrow Gauge Personnel figures fully painted, and the main highlight of the night was Sir Handel! At last, we get our first clear look at Sir Handel's unpainted sample, and some details are different to make him more accurate to Sir Haydn. That gives me hope that Duncan could look more accurate to Douglas than his CGI render. Maybe Bachmann could make Sir Haydn using Sir Handel's tooling to join Talyllyn. Proteus could also be made using Sir Handel's tooling.

I very much look forward to seeing Sir Handel fully painted in the coming months, hopefully by the end of the year. He's a very much welcome and needed addition to the Narrow Gauge range. Probably next will be the High-Side Wagons fully painted.

We unfortunately didn't see N Scale Gordon packaged, but next month for sure. Bulgy is also going up for preorder. Whether or not Sidney or Mainland Diesel will have fixed eye mechanisms hasn't been determined yet.

I forgot to mention that like Peter Sam, Sir Handel will also have powered trailing wheels, except his cab is fully open.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

harrison05

Quote from: TrainFan97 on September 03, 2024, 08:55:30 PM"we get our first clear look at Sir Handel's unpainted sample, and some details are different to make him more accurate to Sir Haydn. That gives me hope that Duncan could look more accurate to Douglas than his CGI render. Maybe Bachmann could make Sir Haydn using Sir Handel's tooling to join Talyllyn."

I'm more hopeful for Duncan now after seeing and hearing about Sir Handel I feel like the Talyllyn won't let Duncan get completely represented as his terrible cgi model. If Bachmann were to one day release Douglas I know the railway won't want their loco looking look well that... They would want it accurate as possible and so would the modelers. We will still have some cgi elements like the face i'm totally fine with that and I wouldn't be surprised if the red running board stays. As for Sir Haydn i'm still waiting for Dolgoch, Edward Thomas and Midlander.

JLK2707

Would you ever buy a Bachmann Peter Sam with his original funnel?

DustyMarie53!

This weekend I went to Entertrainment Junction. Been before but they currently have a Thomas event running for 11 more days. This includes some G scale engines on the layout, some customs, a Bachmann show display, a general thomas merch display, and massive sales on all the Thomas stock they have. Specifically, beyond the overall sales: The discontinued Farmer Mccoll, the Lighthouse, some N scale, Pink Rosie, and Bill and Ben also had additional discounts. In fact I got Ben there so now I just need Douglas and Spencer from currently released unique characters. If any of you are nearby and can go I highly recommend it. Even if you can't make it before the 15th I highly recommend going at some point this year. They are sadly closing their doors in January for good. I figured some fellow Thomas Fans would appreciate the heads up regarding the discounts though
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

Awesometrain77

Please don't discontinue pink Rosie . She was a staple of the brand for 10 years . Anyway I was thinking about diesel 10 Considering Rebecca is way cheaper at retailers . Diesel 10 could be sold by Bachmann for $400 and at retails for $225 . This would be a good price for diesel 10 . And considering his popularity he would sell . I really hope they make him soon .

DustyMarie53!

Quote from: Awesometrain77 on September 04, 2024, 02:04:19 PMPlease don't discontinue pink Rosie . She was a staple of the brand for 10 years . Anyway I was thinking about diesel 10 Considering Rebecca is way cheaper at retailers . Diesel 10 could be sold by Bachmann for $400 and at retails for $225 . This would be a good price for diesel 10 . And considering his popularity he would sell . I really hope they make him soon .

Two things. Firstly again idk if the discounts mean for sure any of said products are in danger. This is a business that is closing its doors in a few months and after all the N scale stuff was also discounted and we know those successful. I'd make note of it. But let's not assume the worst just yet.

Also, that's not how the prices will be set. We can't say how they will set the price because it's entirely dependent on manufacturing costs. Diesel 10 is already a fairly large CGI engine and with the claw it's hard to say how expensive he would be to produce inherently. They can create estimates, but they won't know for sure until the plans are made (see for example Duncan's price only being settled on a year after announcement because none of that planning was done yet.)

We can keep voicing our want for him, but at the end of the day they already know. That's what Doug said. He knows some people will buy it but the price may scare off others. Defunctland's fastpass video actually has a very good analogy to Diesel 10 I think. He uses shoes as an example. There are two different audiences who want the product no matter what, and the other group who is less sure. If the price is low, both parties are likely to get the product. If it's $100 though, the unsure party is less likely to get it. We are the first audience in this scenario. I imagine almost everyone on this forum would buy him. But then there are others. Depending on his price compared to say, Daisy who he's most similar to if he's $100 more expensive that may make people less likely to buy him, despite his popularity. I wouldn't be shocked if this is already happening with Rebecca compared to other already available big engines as well (this isn't a one-to-one comparison, D10 is simply more popular, it's just the best example we may have). Diesel 10 is just simply a huge risk if he bombs. I've already made my stance and potential options they could take for him pretty clear, that they should do it, but I frankly don't blame them for being apprehensive.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

BubbleBuddyFan

Please update HO Bill and Ben to use wheels with red color! Hot Cocoa Tank Wagon would be a great idea! It won't be easy to use Hot Cocoa Tank Wagon for Christmas Tradition at some point in the future.

JLK2707

Would Mavis, Bill and Ben and Duck be possible in large scale?

Also, would it ever be possible to have the faces of Thomas, James and Percy in HO scale to have updated faces, and for James to get a front coupler, along with Percy getting a dummy back coupler?

Yard Master

Pink Rosie, Bill and Ben have not been discontinued.

TrainFan97

A few people showed concern for Bill and Ben, as well as Rosie in her lavender livery being discontinued because they were discounted at a store that's shutting down soon. An admin had to step in and confirm that they're not discontinued. That was just a business having discounts before they close forever.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Yard Master, would Murdoch be possible if Mattel removed the CGI only order, or would he still just be too costly since he would be another big tender engine?

JLK2707

Would anybody here wish to get a Season 1 Troublesome Truck if those were just announced by Bachmann?