News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Two Choo Choos

Started by rbrpguy, October 02, 2024, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbrpguy

Hi Ya'll! Is it not advisable to run two separate trains on the same track at the same time? (they would be opposite of each other while running) If it's ok, Loco Bill, is the transformer you recommended powerful enough to accommodate? Just curious. Thanks!

the Bach-man

Dear Guy,
If you mean two trains on the opposite sides of an oval, starting and stopping at the same time, then yes.
Independent control, however, would require DCC.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rbrpguy

Yes sir, opposite ends. Thanks!

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Bach-man! There ya go Rbrguy!  Yes you can and it sounds like fun.  I forget which transformer I recommended tho.  The problem I encountered is that usually one loco is just a tad bit faster and then catches up.  For the most fun you could add a second larger oval of track and run the trains in the opposite directions. Doing this would require two transformers tho.

Have fun, Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Greg Elmassian

actually you can run as many trains on a single or multiple layouts with the same transformer, you just need to think about the power required (estimate 2 amps per train with minimal grades) and of course the single contol will set the speed of ALL trains which MAY run at different speeds due to differences in locos, motors, rolling stock, curves, grades.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com