News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale Siemens SC-44 new paint schemes

Started by Ntrainfan6, August 21, 2024, 03:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ntrainfan6

Hello,

I am enjoying my two Siemens N scale SC-44 locomotives and they run beautifully. Are there any plans afoot to offer this locomotive in the COASTER (Coast Express Rail, Southern California commuter Rail)? It would be great to see this new and colorful paint scheme offered, and it has already been offered on your HO-scale version.

Also, a separate topic with this locomotive: Is there any way to set up the decoder to respond to functions keys selected, instead of always having to go through the voice menus whenever I want to turn on/off auxiliary lights such as marker lights and Strobe lights?

Thanks in advance for your information,

David

Yard Master

Hi David,

Bachmann previously announced the Coaster SC-44 in N scale (item no. 67956) and it is scheduled to ship this fall.

https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=265_379_1231&products_id=8997

As long as you are using a DCC system that supports 28 function keys, you should be able to use them as with a standard decoder, as long as you do not enter Audio Assist Mode. Just select the function key directly as you would normally.