News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Sir Handel thread

Started by Chaz, November 09, 2023, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

https://twitter.com/trainworld/status/1722723396969017647?s=46&t=P-yyOHfS2jVlFTUMzHYGLg

With Trainworld posting Sir Handel up for preorder, I figured now was as good of a time to make a new thread exclusive to Sir Handel where fans can discuss updates on this highly anticipated model.

Anyone else excited to finally preorder Sir Handel?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Edward and Duck.

RailwayRoundhouse

VERY excited to do so indeed! I recently acquired Skarloey and Rheneas (with Peter Sam on order as we speak) and they are honestly some of the very best Bachmann has to offer. Sir Handel's stories and overall character were always enjoyable to watch and the prospect of owning what undoubtedly will be another banger model and finally finishing off the "Four Little Engines" group is something I'm genuinely looking forward to!

TrainFan97

We finally have a little update on Sir Handel. No unpainted prototype yet, but preorders are available, including a price. Sounds like progress is finally happening on Sir Handel.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Bumping up this thread in light of what was just teased on Bachmann's social media post today! :D
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

About time! After a seemingly endless wait, the unpainted sample of Sir Handel was FINALLY teased! However, it's not a perfect one, which isn't ready for primetime yet, so it won't be shown in the August Trainworld stream. At least they got a sample in, but there's obviously some flaws on it that need to be tweaked, so what they got is not the final mold. Hope we'll get a better look in the September stream. For now, we only see the back half of him. After Stanley's unpainted sample and the fully painted samples of the HO Scale figures, I knew Sir Handel's unpainted sample would be next. He's finally on the way!

It's just like when they got a painted sample of Rebecca's tender in February, Rebecca's painted sample wasn't ready for primetime until April, and shown in the May Trainworld stream.

Now that we know Sir Handel is in the unpainted stage, the next things we have to look forward to being teased are the unpainted Narrow Gauge Gondola, Open Carriage, and fully painted Sir Topham Hatt's Car, along with the fully painted Narrow Gauge High-Side Wagons. May be a while before we hear anything on N Scale Diesel/Paxton or the Express Coaches. They're still working on Bulgy's design. We know it's going to be a while before we hear anything on Duncan or the Gunpowder Wagons.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.