News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Would anybody here care for an HO scale Jeremiah Jobling figure?

Coaltronn

After rewatching Thomas and the magic railroad I would like a splatter and dodge. Prolly not a high demand item but i can dream. Obviously other great characters first but ahh well.

Armada Starscream

Quote from: Coaltronn on August 29, 2024, 09:29:02 AMAfter rewatching Thomas and the magic railroad I would like a splatter and dodge. Prolly not a high demand item but i can dream. Obviously other great characters first but ahh well.

I would like to see Splatter and Dodge as well.

As I have said before, they already have the chassis and body shell (the 'Arry/Bert shell and chassis) and given that Splatter and Dodge always appear onscreen with identical faces, the only new part Bachmann would need to make would be a single face that can be used for both models!

They can be a quick way to get out new characters quickly and cheaply if they need to. And given that a lot of the Thomas Tuesday Streams show that a lot of modelers already make their own custom Splatter and Dodge, there would definitely be a market for them!

Jake86

Quote from: Jake86 on August 24, 2024, 07:25:11 AM
Quote from: Jake86 on June 25, 2024, 03:53:20 AMI was going to ask whether Bachmann would be able to create the red composite and brake express coaches which are the same as the original in 2006 different to the 2nd design 2022 and the new design will be red doors black rooftops with white windows which was seen in the season 2 series Henry pulls them in episode Cows Old Iron Percy and The Signal Duck Takes Charge The Runaway Better Late Than Never Henry's Forest Edward pulls them in episode Old Iron Duck pulls them in Pop Goes The Diesel and James pulls them in episode Edwards Exploit and Gordon pulls them in episode A Bad Day For Sir Handel I would like to see Gordon's express composite and brake coaches which are the same as the original in the 1st design green doors and black rooftops but with white windows which was seen in the season 2 series first episode Thomas Percy and the Coal to Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree 1986 if you like the idea please let me know thanks

[email protected]

I think Bachmann needs to make a Skarloey Narrow Gauge starter set at one point. Now that they've released some brake vans, now would be the time. My idea is that I the set will consist of Skarloey, two blue & white NG coaches and one blue NG brake van. And it would include N scale EZ-Track to form an oval loop and a controller.

harrison05

Quote from: [email protected] on August 31, 2024, 10:12:57 PMI think Bachmann needs to make a Skarloey Narrow Gauge starter set at one point.
surprised they haven't done one so far

Awesometrain77

A narrow gauge set is a good idea.
I think it should come with some exclusive rolling stock
The set should come with
Skarloey
Red narrow gauge coach
Brown narrow gauge brakevan

This set if given this exclusive rolling stock could sell really well. Both of the rolling stock would be simple repaints so it could be easy to do .

Speaking of narrow gauge what about some troublesome slate trucks with the faces from JBS . While in the movie they are standard gauge they are clearly modeled after the season 4 ng ones .

harrison05

Another thing i'm surprised Bachmann haven't done yet is the Red Narrow Gauge Coach. If Bachmann looking for a lazy repaint to do for the NG line the Red Narrow Gauge Coach to me is number 1 it's iconic. (And Smudger but that's not gonna happen)

Also I'd like to see the Cream coach as well and with the figures on the way and said coach is an open coach that could work out.

The Glen Valley coaches would be nice and go good with the Talyllyn coaches we have already.

Also I can't be the only one who was disappointed the fact the Blue coaches didn't have a face lol. I hope Bachmann will rerelease the Blue coaches with a face. If they make the Red coaches I want a face on those as well I doubt this will happen that's just me being a delusional classic era fan.

JLK2707

It does not matter if they do have a face or not. They are still nice coaches regardless.

Armada Starscream

Some people on here have previously suggested making a Blue Donald and Douglas for the 80th Anniversary in 2025, and I wanted to bring that idea up again, seeing as it is the last few months of the year, and the 80th Anniversary is rapidly approaching. Indeed, it would be extremely easy to make Blue Donald and Douglas, given that all they have to do would be recolor the models they already have in production: they don't even have to make a new face! They have done this before for a Thomas anniversary, with the 70th Anniversary LBSC Thomas recolor being made. And if in regards to the CGI mandate, they HAVE done the Busy Bee James recolor, which is a recolor that only appeared in a single episode of the model series, not ever CGI.

Given that fans and modelers have wanted Blue Donald and Douglas for years, and many have gone and repainted regular Bachmann Donald and Douglas into Blue Bachmann Donald and Douglas themselves, they would definitely sell. And given that Blue Donald and Douglas would be just recolors of already existing models, all that would be needed to be changed would be the color: it would not cost a lot to make them. It would honestly be a way to make a big profit out of a small investment. And if that happens, Bachmann can continue to make the Blue Donald and Douglas after the 80th Anniversary.  Win-win-win!

Given that Bachmann are making the Mainland Diesel, another, more obscure reason that can be presented for creating Blue Donald and Douglas would be so people who want to remake Escape! with the Mainland Diesels as Other Railway Diesels will have the option of making both the TV Series AND Railway Series versions! And Escape is one of the most memorable story and episode of the series, so people will definitely want to remake it at some point.

TrainFan97

Blue Donald and Douglas in HO Scale would bring Railway Series recolors into the picture, as they were never in the TV Series, and kept their black liveries for budget reasons. I feel they'll most likely go the Gold Thomas route for HO Scale, with maybe Silver Percy and Bronze Diesel. We can hope Mattel approves of Donald and Douglas in their blue liveries, despite never being seen in the TV Series. Gold Thomas, Silver Percy, and Bronze Diesel were special edition products Wooden Railway had for the 60th Anniversary, and can be made with existing toolings in HO Scale. There was one episode where Bill and Ben had blue liveries. Blue Bill and Ben would be niche recolors, like Green Salty. They're all very simple repaints of existing toolings without requiring new face molds.

Narrow Gauge repaints of existing toolings that only appeared in the model series include Smudger and Proteus. Both of which do require new faces. Proteus would need an added headlamp, which Rosie got with her red livery. Smudger and Proteus being made would make Splatter and Dodge possible for HO Scale.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

N Scale Sudrian

Blue Donald and Douglas sound like nice 80th anniversary models, but I feel like a 'Railway Series' colored Toby would be a nice 80th anniversary model as well as a better test for the market on book-based models. Toby's a popular seller in the range, and a much easier investment to justify than both of the scots! His book look's blue side-plates and brighter woodwork would likely catch the eyes of children and parents who don't even know what the redeco is referencing, too... That's just my thoughts anyway. It'd probably be an easier sell for Bachmann if we rally beind 'Railway Series' Toby rather than 'Railway Series' Donald and Douglas, ha ha.

As for other redecos, the suggestions I've seen here all sound fine, but the only redeco other than a 'Railway Series' look that I'd be willing to dip into HO to get is a Pink James. I feel like having two James redecos on the market already is sort of pushing it, but James is my favorite engine and Pink is my favorite color, and that Series 13 episode sadly never had any toys based on it released in the USA. So if Bachmann would be kind enough to make a Pink James just for me, it'd be greatly appreciated, ha ha!
N Scale modeler. Primarily interested in UK and US outline stock, as well as the "Thomas" line.
Hoping for Edward and Mavis...

MrNormalDraws

Since it's 15 years since the CGI era started, I think Bachmann could have a crack at one of the Nitrogen era character that not too many like as the hatred for the era has died down  (and they are starting to do Sidney next).

Dash and Bash wouldn't be too hard, but the problem isn't so much the reception on Misty Island, but rather because of Ferdinand. Because I heard from the grapevine that Bachmann likely won't do another tender engine unless Rebecca  sells well, and that preorders for her aren't that high compare to Beau (who keep in mind, is a retool). And while Dash and Bash do sell fine together without Ferdinand, I still think it wouldn't be complete without all three.

Belle is a mid range tank engine with water cannons, though unlike Harvey or Diesel 10, they don't need a lot of detailing as they don't have a lot of complicated parts. Though like with Dash and Bash, the only thing holding Belle back is that she's paired with Flynn, who might be a complicated character Bachmann would have to deal with. Granted, they had done road vehicles on rails, but the thing about Flynn is that he goes on both road and rails. Another factor is that he has a small trailer, which we don't know if that classifies as a tender engine or not.

Awesometrain77

I do think den and dart should be the next 2 characters from this era they should make aside from Luke Hiro and Victor of course . They are fan favorites.

Armada Starscream

These ideas for quick redecos are great as well. Particularly, I would DEFINITELY buy RWS Toby, especially as I have been intending to give my Bachmann Toby Models blue sideplates.

Something I just realized was that another argument one could make in favor of Blue Donald and Douglas is Bachmann does already make Douglas' nemesis, the Spiteful Brake Van, it its Railway Series book livery. This was probably based on the old Wooden Railway Model, but it is still a great detail. It would be GREAT to be able to recreate Railway Series Book 15: The Twin Engines, with the Bachmann Spiteful Brakevan, black Bachmann Donald and Douglas, and potential Blue Donald and Douglas!