News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ken's Railroad

Started by Ken Huck, July 13, 2020, 03:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Huck

Hi Craig, to answer your question, 1991.  This is actually the fifth variation of back when
I laid down that first sheet of plywood.  It started as two pieces of plywood laid end to end.
All the track was a simple pinched oval or dog bone with a few turnouts.

A few years later I added a second level and doubled the track length.  The third level was originally
a return-loop.  After getting tired of all the stop-reverse polarity-and go of manual DC operation,
I added another length of track to have a continuous run up and down all three levels.  That's
where we are today.

Ken

Ken Huck

Well, I finally finished putting the "Farm" scene together.  My next project will be to
'frame' it in.  Enjoy the pics.  The water tank is a Woodlands Scenic product.

The Oliver 'Super 77' is a Miniprint.com production.

More to follow,

Ken

CraigB

Thats awesome Ken.  I hope im still around 30 years from now with something similar to show off.

Ken Huck

A little side project I've been working on:

This is the Center-Line production of their 'track cleaning car.  It
comes with the knurled brass cylinder.

The cylinder is heavy enough to scrub the top of the rails.
I use corduroy strips wrapped around the cylinder.

I also use Parafinic Hydrocarbon as cleaning solvlent soaked on the corduroy strip.
It cleans the wheels of whatever engine is pushing it, it repels dust and is electronicly
conductive.

Here I added a Woodland Scenic track cleaning product to the frond truck.  These are usually
used under of any rolling stock and less noticeable, but the brass cylinder is already
taking up that space.

It was pretty obvious rolling around so I wanted to make it appear as a maintenance-of-way
car.  This is what I came up with:

It looks great in from of Bachmann's Shays...

More to follow,

Ken

Grumpy468

Thats awesome Ken, i am looking for a good track cleaning solution.
We Are What Your Mother Warned you about.

Ken Huck

Hi Sheldon, here's what I use.  It's the track cleaner and conditioner. Works great !

https://achlubes.com/

Ken