News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Hi-cube boxcar frame

Started by quark51, June 25, 2010, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quark51

Hello, I need three frames or the bottom parts of the hi-cube box car because I found three of the old Lionel HO scale hi-cube boxcars and was wondering if I could buy them from bachmann? The frames that are on the silver series cars. The shell from the Lionel cars fit on the Bachmann frames.

ABC

Call the parts & service dept, they can be reached Monday-Thursday from 8-4 & Friday 8-noon(EST) at [Exit Code]-1-215-533-1600. Ext. 328 or 329 for Parts.
However, the parts may not be available and even if they were, I wouldn't buy them because the metal wheels alone would be $11 for 12, 33" wheels (Product Code: 42904), unless you don't need wheels. And I just checked Bachmann's product listing (see red products tab to the right under HO then rolling stock then boxcars) and all they have is 40' boxcars, 50' Plug-Door Boxcars, and Evans All-Door Boxcars. So the high-cube boxcars are currently out of production, but whether or not they have any spare parts left is uncertain, you will just have to give them a call on Monday and find out.

Doneldon

quark -

Wheels won't be enough.  You'll need the whole truck.

-- D

jbrock27

Still searching after almost 4 years?
Keep Calm and Carry On

ALCO0001

Hi.
there are a few different makers of a 40 foot box car ,it does not have to be for a high cube the frames are the same ,depending on how much work you want to do .Bachmann used to make one along with old athearn blue box , but they also made just standard 40ft. box cars that will also work .Hope this helps!
Jack

jward

the only difference i can think of is you'd have to change the trucks to roller bearing type rather than the friction bearing type used on older 40 footers.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA