News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

reduce sound volume

Started by rabbibgr, May 27, 2014, 10:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbibgr

A lot of the electronic programming stuff confuses me. I recently purchased a Bachmann HO Alco RS-3 with dcc and value sound. The diesel sound is really too loud and according to the instructions, it can be adjusted, but it doesn't say how. The bell and whistle are fine. I know that I can mute all sounds, but really, I just want to lower the volume of the diesel. Any help would be appreciated.

Doneldon

rabbi-

What DCC control system are you using? You cannot program the decoder if you have EZCommand.

-- D

rabbibgr

I do have ez command. What do I need or can I bring it to a train shop to have it done

Bucksco

Yes - your local train store or a local model train club would be great places to have this done for you.

rabbibgr

ACY

Quote from: Yardmaster on May 28, 2014, 08:39:53 AM
Yes - your local train store or a local model train club would be great places to have this done for you.
A potential suggestion for future Bachmann products is to have a way to control the volume by removing an access panel and adjusting a dial with a screwdriver. This is how some of the competitors have it arranged, including Mike Train House with there HO locomotives. Of course I am sure Bachmann likes to have their own unique designs, which is why it is just a potential idea to incorporate in the future.

Speaking of sound value locomotives; I am especially happy with the quality and pricepoint of your 2-6-0 sound value locomotive.