News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Radius Curves

Started by benz8985, November 14, 2013, 09:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benz8985

I couldn't find anything on this topic so I am just going to put it out there for any help.
I bought a box of mixed Bachmann ez Track pieces off eBay and wanted to know how to tell the difference in the radius pieces? I want to design this layout I found using the ez track but I don't know how to find the difference in the radius's.

Irbricksceo

Try to make a quarter circle with the curves. In 18 inch radius, a quarter circle is 3 pieces. In 22 inch, 4 pieces.
Modeling NYC in N

jward

in addition to the previous post, 15r and 18r sections are 30 degrees, 12 per circle, 22r sections are 22.5 degrees or 16 per circle, 26r and up are 18 degrees or 20 per circle.

what I would do is to sort like pieces into piles, then assemble them into quarter circles to find out what they are.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Doneldon

Ben-

Most of Bachmann's track has an embossed "label" with the radius
on the underside. I don't know about other brands.
                                                                                 -- D

Jerrys HO

As Doneldon stated most are embossed on the underside, some (I guess real old ones) are not and if you have the ones that are not you can go to anyrail,com and print each one to scale size.

Jerry

benz8985

Thanks guys this helped a lot!!!

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.