News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP9 Tsunami Installation

Started by Joe Baldwin, May 14, 2013, 05:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Baldwin

You can find my write up on my installation of a Tsunami Sound Decoder in my Bachmann GP9 DCC On Board locomotive.

http://wwwjoe-daddy.blogspot.com/2013/05/bachmann-gp9-installing-tsunami-sound.html
Joe Daddy

bapguy

Nice install. I did replace the orange LED's on my unit.  I prefer the board style decoder myself. I've installed 6 of these in various models. Joe

Joe Baldwin

Quote from: bapguy on May 14, 2013, 06:10:11 PM
Nice install. I did replace the orange LED's on my unit.  I prefer the board style decoder myself. I've installed 6 of these in various models. Joe

Thanks Joe, your posts here were my source of encouragement.  I used the decoder I had on hand else I would have used the Micro Tsunami or some other choice.  There is very little if ANY extra space in there!

Joe D.
Joe Daddy

WoundedBear

Quote from: rogertra on May 14, 2013, 09:00:51 PM
Great Joe, thanks for the blog.

You're right Roger.

Joe......I just read your Urban Myths of Model Railroading page. Cracked me up....I love it....and I gotta say that I agree with everything you say. Too many experts out there, when really all it takes is some common sense. I have encountered and come to the same conclusions you have on just about every one of your points, after building my own layout.

Great reading....thanks. Nice to know I'm not alone in my thinking.

Sid

jonathan

Joe,

Just spent some time on your website.  I enjoyed it!... Especially the video of your layout in action.  The mountain scenes are gonna be great.  I also like your Model A video.  However, people our age should stay off the roads with those toys.  ;D Glad you've moved your passtime indoors.  Great stuff.

Regards,

Jonathan

bapguy

I agree with your Urban Myths of Model Railroading. Just remember: EXPERTS built the Titanic,amateurs built the Ark.  Joe

jbrock27

I also enjoyed reading Joe's Urban Legends.
Keep Calm and Carry On