News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

44 Ton Switcher Programming Issues

Started by newhavenroad, August 21, 2012, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newhavenroad

Hey guys,

I recently got one of the new 44 ton switchers, the one that comes with factory installed DCC. I took it out onto the layout to test it on factory settings and it seemed to run well enough. However, when I tried to program the CV's, my Prodigy Express system could not change any CVs. I tried on the programming track, in ops mode, and using the 1k ohm resistor trick I read about. Nothing works. Does anyone have some insight on changing the factory installed decoder's CV values?

CNE Runner

New - When I programed my Bachmann Spectrum GE 45-Ton locomotive I did so using my MRC Prodigy Advanced (or roughly the same system you are using). I did so on my dedicated programming track (not 'on the main'). My programing track has a Sountraxx PTB-100 Programming Track Booster. There was no problem with the programming process (assuming you selected 'programming track' as the option as I did). My older Walthers catalog has the PTB-100 booster (#678-829002) listed for $59.95 - may be a little more now.

FYI - The sound decoders, in my Bachmann Spectrum American 4-4-0s, require this booster.

'Hope this helps,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"