News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Golden Eagle

Started by longbow48, June 05, 2012, 06:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbow48

I have in my possesion a Bachman Golden Eagle Train Set, Item # 40-0330. I am unable to find any info regarding this set, and am wondering what I have here. I looked on the website and the inventory for sale items, and did not see this set. Please help, Thx. longbow48

Ken G Price

Are you trying to find what it is worth?
Most likely not much maybe $23.00 like most of the inexpensive older used DC train sets.

If how to make it work then that is an other question.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Doneldon

lb48-

The rule of thumb on older train sets is that they are worth very little, even when in near perfect condition in their original packaging, also in great condition. Train set components have never been desired much by hobbyists because they have generally been of low quality, and so they have always been pitched at children or someone with just a casual interest in model railroading. What's more, train set equipment has poor detail by today's standards and it doesn't run nearly as well as current merchandise. So ... low demand, low prices.

Yes, I'm aware that your friend Jack said he sold his old Lionel set for $2500. However, Jack was either lying, exaggerating to the max or he had the (believe me) seriously rare old desirable near antique or unique item in pristine condition. Very, very few old trains have any significant value. The vast majority of stories to the contrary are urban legend. I'm sorry to be such a wet blanket.
                                                                                                                                                    -- D

longbow48

Okay, I don't know who Jack is, but thanks for the help. Certainly disappointed, but at least I have a nice unused train set that has never been removed from the package.