News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 2-8-0 train set

Started by Pacific Northern, November 04, 2011, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I have all of the Bachmann 2-8-0's that I will ever need, otherwise I would pick these up myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-Silver-HO-UP-Passenger-Set-w-Spectrum-2-8-0-/400253554202?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item5d30f88e1a

It appears to be the whole set. What a good buy for someone
Pacific Northern

Jim Banner

The price looks attractive, especially for a new set with Spectrum locomotive, but the $45 shipping to Canada seems rather high.  The description says 0-8-0 but the title says 2-8-0 and the photo definitely shows a pony truck.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Jim Banner on November 04, 2011, 10:28:15 PM
The price looks attractive, especially for a new set with Spectrum locomotive, but the $45 shipping to Canada seems rather high.  The description says 0-8-0 but the title says 2-8-0 and the photo definitely shows a pony truck.

Jim

Not that expensive when you consider the size of the box. If the items were placed in a more rectangular box the S&H charges would be about half.

Who would want the large box anyway?
Pacific Northern

Johnson Bar Jeff

I have that one on my "watch list," probably more out of curiosity than anything else. It struck me as a good price for the set, but I really can't use the passenger cars because my experience with them is that they don't work well on 18"-radius curves, which is the largest I have room for.

full maxx

That's the price I paid for my New York Central set 2 years ago and it still runs good
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Doneldon

J-J -

Sell the passenger cars, track and power pack and you have
your Connies for an even more attractive price.
                                                                       -- D

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Doneldon on November 08, 2011, 10:16:56 PM
J-J -

Sell the passenger cars, track and power pack and you have
your Connies for an even more attractive price.
                                                                       -- D

Sure enough.