News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dcc decoders

Started by matb6099, November 09, 2011, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matb6099

new to hobby, just purchased bachmann dcc controller and two dcc engines. Is there a universal decoder for these engines (for sound)?

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

You could try an MRC Universal Steam or Diesel sound decoder but I have heard that they aren't that good. Soundtraxx does offer a wide variety of sound decoders for steam and diesel with various loco-size oriented sound decoder (Small, Medium, Large, SP Articulated, Southern Steam) or various prime mover sound decoders and the Soundtraxx decoders may be expensive but they are worth it. Hope this helps.

Doneldon

mat-

The Bachmann DCC controllers aren't primo merchandise. I'd try to return them and buy a quality decoder for both train control and sound. I think you'll be happier and it's really no more work. Well, it will probably be a little less work than installing and programming two decoders.
                                                                                                                                                                                               -- D