News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO couplers

Started by SET, December 22, 2010, 09:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SET

Bachmann E-Z Mate HO Couplers 78135*
Will these fit the Holiday Classic Santa Fe Flyer? The parts with the train list gives the number 7800 E-Z Mate Coupler. Are these compatible?
Thanks
Sam

hawaiiho

I think you may need to provide more information.
I can find no reference in the Bachmann site to either of the coupler part numbers that you provided.
Nor can I find a Bachmann train set "Holiday Classic Santa Fe Flyer".

I even tried a few of the largest internet dealers and didn't find either of the mentioned couplers, or the train set you named.

SET

The train set was a Christmas set from about 6 years ago.  The engine is a diesel with 4 other cars with the same couplers. They are plastic. The E-Z 7800 is the part number on the engine parts list with the set.

Bachmann E-Z Mate HO Couplers 78135 is a set of couplers available on e-bay. They look the same visually but not sure if they are compatible with the set I have.

The Bachman site has couplers also that look the same but there is no reference to the particular train I have.

hawaiiho

Six years old.

This might be a parts blow up of your loco.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/11702.pdf

As to the E-Bay part number, who knows. It could be anything from a mistake to a dealers
stock code.

I have two suggestions. Post to "The Bach-Man" and ask what coupler now available is compatible with the #7800 shown on the parts diagram.   When The Bach-Man sees your request he will respond. Just put on a new post  Attention: The Bach-Man.

Or, call Bachmann's Parts Department for the same information.

Good Luck

Bluecoatscheesypoofs

Yes, These couplers will fit any HO scale Bachmann locomotive that was made within the past 10 years.
                            Matt Wilson