News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

backwards compatible

Started by dagnarble, September 13, 2010, 10:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagnarble

"100% backwards compatible" Read this in the instructions of my new saddle tank. It has DCC on board. What do I have to do to run it on DC until my DCC is ready??There were no pins enclosed in the box for jumping the board.

ABC

You don't need to jump the board because the decoder is dual mode-that is it works fine on DC or DCC. However, two little jumpers probably should have been included. However, that is optional and not necessary for DC operation.

jonathan

In fact, the saddletank loco's decoder is hard wired, so removing it would be more trouble than it's worth:

Like ABC said, the decoder is dual mode.  I run DC and the saddletank runs just fine.  Remember, it's a little loco. It's suppose to be really slow.

Also, it will probably run a little rough at first.  It gets better the more you run it.  A little conductalube here and there will help, too.

Regards,

Jonathan

ABC

Did the older DCC ready 0-6-0s have an 8 pin socket?

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ABC on September 13, 2010, 01:40:49 PM
Did the older DCC ready 0-6-0s have an 8 pin socket?

No, there was no 8 pin socket. The PCB had tabs for the wires to be attached. You needed to refer to the product diagram to see the relationship each tab represented as the tabs were not in sequence.
Pacific Northern

richg

My 0-6-0T was DCC Ready and had the clips. I just removed them and soldered in the decoder.
If all else fails, follow instructions for the DCC on board.
The decoder instructions use to be to the left of this message box under EZ Command but the techies have been bored and re-formatted the Bachmann site. You will have to look arounf the site now.

Rich

Doneldon

dag-

Look under "Product Information" at the top of your display.                 
                                                         -- D