News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Proto 1000 Subway and DCC

Started by Joe323, July 13, 2010, 04:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe323

I realize this is a Bachmann Board BUT:

I am at the point where I am ready to add the subway cars (Representing the Staten Island railway even though I know these type cars never ran on the SIR I'm freelancing).  Anyway according to the subway set it is DCC ready and I was wondering if anyone has put a decoder in the subway and if so what did you use and how did it work out?

Joe

Michigan Railfan

As far as I know, Proto 1000 only makes 2 subway sets. Are you planning on getting the reddish brown ones, or the New York subway? Maybe there are others I don't know about, but I have the New York subway set. Yes, they are DCC reay, as far as I know. If you get it, as soon as you take them out of the box, take off the pantographs (they are removable) and glue them in. They will most likely fall off later and you then run the risk of losing them. They do have very nice knuckle couplers, and all cars have interior lighting. They do not go super fast, but hey, what subways do? They are nice models but just make sure you glue the pantographs in.
I have a video of me running mine on YouTube on just some Bachmann EZ Track, but you can see how well they run. When the subway is going fast (I'm pretty sure) it is runnig at full, but it's an Athearn power pack and EZ Track, so it may go faster on other track.
http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google#/watch?v=aCWH9Gd-dyU

ABC

They are both New York City Transit one is the Tuscan scheme and the other is that standard scheme grey w/ blue stripe. They have metal knuckle couplers that are Kadee #5 clones.

Joe323

I have the silver ones and yes the pantographs in cause i found out the hard way they fall out if not glued