News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Broadway Limited Pennsy J-1

Started by ebtbob, April 02, 2010, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

If anyone out there has the Broadway Limited Pennsy J-1,  I need to know is the center driver the only blind driver or is another axle set blind also.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stephen D. Richards

I have a J1 and the center drive axle is the only blind driver on mine.  I don't know if they made any other versions or not.  Hope that helps,  Stephen

ebtbob

Stephen,  you have been a help.   You confirmed what I suspected was the facts.   Thankyou very much.    Actually,  the reason for the original question is that I came into pocession of an old AHM,  brass,  Pennsy J1 with all flanged drivers and I think I may have to make that middle driver set blind even though my minimum radius is 26 inches.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Stephen D. Richards

It would be great if you didn't have to make the middle driver a blind one.  I love the little details and try to make the most accurate, working model I can.  Glad I could help.  Stephen

RAM

On the brass j-1. If you have a sprung drivers.  I am not sure that I would made the center one blind. IT might work since only one driver would be blind. If there in enough movement so that the driver is not on the rail, it will drop down below the rail head and went it comes out of the curve you will have a problem. If the frame is not sprung you are OK.