Human figure pack discussion thread

Started by Chaz, January 19, 2023, 09:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustyMarie53!

To be fair most model train figures are painted like this anyway, but the factory ones are likely to be slightly better as well, rather than these hand painted samples. But with that said not a huge fan of the actual faces. Does not look right and will make them out of place with most other figures. It's also a little concerning we haven't seen the narrow-gauge pack yet. They never ended up being shown at the NMRA show. Really hope they weren't lost.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

Chaz

Bachmann commented on the Facebook post with the figures stating that they are preproduction painted samples.  The final products will have an improved finish.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Edward and Duck.

Coaltronn

I preordered everything except N scale. I was disappointed in the figure painting. I hope that its significantly improved for the production as i will have multiple dioramas. I would like to buy these figure sets and then some but we cannot have a poor paint job on finished products if there are to be more coming in the future. I want these figures to succeed.

Awesometrain77

I think these figures are super good I hope to see them out by the end of the year . If you look at most figures in this scale we have nothing like it .it's super detailed with eyes something very few OO or HO scale figures have done .

harrison05

Quote from: RailsByRick on August 28, 2024, 02:10:12 PMI haven't seen anyone else talking about the recent hi-res images of the figures, so I guess I'll break the ice.

I don't think they look very good at all. I think they look pretty bad. It's such a shame because the sculpts are very detailed, but the paint is so sloppy that it ruins them. I especially can't stand how they attempted to paint the faces. Capsule Plarail managed to do figures much better, and they understood that it's better to not paint eyes and mouths at this scale. It's almost laughable how poorly these turned out.

They could be prototypes for all we know lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Zekeism

Quote from: harrison05 on August 29, 2024, 06:24:24 PM
Quote from: RailsByRick on August 28, 2024, 02:10:12 PMI haven't seen anyone else talking about the recent hi-res images of the figures, so I guess I'll break the ice.

I don't think they look very good at all. I think they look pretty bad. It's such a shame because the sculpts are very detailed, but the paint is so sloppy that it ruins them. I especially can't stand how they attempted to paint the faces. Capsule Plarail managed to do figures much better, and they understood that it's better to not paint eyes and mouths at this scale. It's almost laughable how poorly these turned out.

They could be prototypes for all we know lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Bachmann replied to someone on Facebook saying: "These are preproduction paint samples. Final products will have an improved finish."
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.