Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtrocke88

I'm really hoping that the cgi mandate will come to an end at some point in future. I'm honestly getting tired of the cgi mandate and I'm clearly failing to see how characters like Duke, Stepney, Boco, etc would sell poorly in the Thomas and friends Bachmann range.

Even Thomas and friends characters like fearless Freddie, proteus, Bertram, mighty mac, and smudger would sell really well, especially considering that they are characters from the model series from Thomas and friends.

The cgi mandate needs to go!

Veesquared

I mean if they keep the mandate I feel as if they need to use the characters that they're given.  I mean if they wanna go with a model they probably already have a base for Connor and Caitlin could be an option!  But if they also want to use newer CGI characters any of the experimental engines or the Steel Mill engines from Journey beyond Sodor, that might just be because I am biased and would easily buy a hurricane model in a heartbeat! And if they want to keep adding to their narrow gauge line while also using characters that were introduced in CGI they could go With characters like Luke or Millie, really they've got a lot of wild options if they keep the mandate, but i understand why people want them to get rid of it.  Oh and adding whiff to the lineup would be cool, he's somehow still relevant I guess?

mtrocke88

Well, what would happen when Bachmann eventually runs out of viable cgi characters for the Thomas and friends Bachmann range? If that happens in future, we are hoping that Bachmann can make the best choice and finally make Stepney, Boco, Duke, etc. I'd love to see that happen at some point in the future, but right now, I'm currently not that hopeful at this time.

In the meantime, we can settle for characters like whiff, Stanley, and hiro. And perhaps Norman and Stephen as well.

mtrocke88

Also, here's a list of rolling stock from Thomas and friends we would love to see be made in HO SCALE.

1. Old coaches (from season 1)
2. Hector the hopper truck
3. The jet engine (from season 6)
4. The Chinese dragon (from season 3)

Just to name a few.

RailsByRick

Just putting this out there again. I'm fully aware there are some NMRA guidelines that may prohibit these suggestions, but Bachmann, you would be printing money if you figured out a way to produce Diesel 10 and/or Harvey. Fans are clamoring for these two to be made, and both meet the CGI character mandate.

If Diesel 10 were ever to be produced, I've already decided I would pre-order 10 immediately. Gotta support what you love!

Again, I'm fully aware these may not be possible, but just imagine the possibilities.

RailwayRoundhouse

Quote from: RailsByRick on June 18, 2024, 08:46:55 PMJust putting this out there again. I'm fully aware there are some NMRA guidelines that may prohibit these suggestions, but Bachmann, you would be printing money if you figured out a way to produce Diesel 10 and/or Harvey. Fans are clamoring for these two to be made, and both meet the CGI character mandate.

If Diesel 10 were ever to be produced, I've already decided I would pre-order 10 immediately. Gotta support what you love!

Again, I'm fully aware these may not be possible, but just imagine the possibilities.

I couldn't agree more. Might I add that contrary to what's been said in the past, Harvey the Crane Engine would definitely be doable. The reason being is because Bachmann model characters based on their CGI renders and Harvey's render is smaller than his model counterpart and is more accurate in size to his real life basis. If made as a model, he'd be shorter than the likes of Diesel and Daisy in terms of height and the ability to lower his hook could work by turning the cog on his side exactly how the two knobs on the side of the Bachmann Cranky work.

I dunno, I just feel like Harvey is the next best choice for a standard gauge model as he's a fan favourite, a classic character that returned and remained relevant in the CGI Series, could feature a cool gimmick along with the moving eyes and due to his CGI render, he wouldn't be breaching any NMRA Guidelines. What do y'all think?

RailsByRick

I had no idea Harvey's CGI model is smaller than his physical model. That would be a nice loophole to get him made. The idea of having a knob on the side to lower the hook is very cool! I would just hope it'd be much smaller and less distracting than the knobs on Cranky.

Do your thing, Bachmann!

DustyMarie53!

Regarding Harvey size could in theory be a concern because he might be too small, or too weird with the crane to be able to fit in an eyemech.

However. We have a solution. Beau doesn't have an eyemech but is specifically billed as having operating lamp to get around not having that gimmick. So if moving eyes were too hard for Harvey. He could simply be "Harvey without moving eyes, with poseable crane arm." Thus he still has a gimmick but it's not the eyemech. Of course this might not even be necessary, he could work fine, but figured it was worth shouting out.

I don't think they'd make his hook moveable though just cause of the size. Might be too hard to make look good and not super breakable.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

Awesometrain77

If this is the case, I could see Harvey and diesel 10 be in the next models Bachmann could make both are popular toys both having toys at the very end when all the stuff was discontinued In favor of the reboot .

RailsByRick

Remember, the best way to  communicate to Bachmann about the items we want is to keep the conversation going!

Harvey is a highly requested engine that meets the CGI only mandate. He would undoubtedly do well if Bachmann were to produce him, as he appeals to classic and CGI era fans.

As for other items that Bachmann could do in the near future, I and many others would love Trevor. Another necessary non-rail vehicle. Although seeing how long Bulgy is taking with no updates as of yet, I don't know how likely this would be.

For repaints, I'd love to see the return of Celebration Thomas for the 80th anniversary.

Two more (controversial) repaints I really want to see are blue Bill and Ben, and Green Salty. I know these only appeared in one episode each, but so did Busy Bee James. I just think they'd be really neat and cost effective.

TrainFan97

Doug Blaine hasn't confirmed that Harvey CAN'T be made, so he is still very much a possibility, and he would also be a very welcome addition to the HO Scale range, since he appeared in both the model and CGI series. Harvey may not have moving eyes, but neither did Beau, who had a working headlight instead, so Harvey's gimmick can be the operating crane, which can rotate, and the gear can be the knob that brings the hook up and down. That shouldn't be too hard for Bachmann. They've made HO Scale rail cranes outside the Thomas range, and Harvey is just one that's self-propelled, so there isn't anything really holding them back from making Harvey. If Harvey gets announced, that would open up the possibility of Diesel 10, with an operating claw; another character Doug Blaine hasn't deconfirmed, despite his gimmick.

For HO Scale recolors, if a new tooling isn't viable at this time since we still haven't seen Stanley yet, Sidney can be made. Although Sidney would reuse Diesel's tooling, his eye mechanism has to be fixed. Blue Bill and Ben, as well as Green Salty, are rather niche recolors, but still doable. Like you said, they only appeared in one episode, but so did Busy Bee James. Plus we have Yellow Rheneas, which only appeared at the end of one special.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Awesometrain77

I  do belive there was a statement said about diesel 10 I think they could figure out a way around this . Him and havery sound like great options and would become best sellers . if you put pinchy infront of the cab windows it could likely work . Harvey idk how they could do him but I would love to see them both and if they can figure out how to do them they must be the next engines in the range and my picks for 2025 . I also think diesel 10 could just have a removable claw .

Now as for repaint engine wise
Glow in the dark Henry

Modified tooling could see smudger or Sidney
 Nia  and whiff could happen soon along with an Arry and Bert rerelease

In summery the engines I think could happen soon are
Diesel 10 with removable claw
Glow in the dark Henry
Smudger
Sidney
Havery without moving eyes but rotatable crane
Arry and Bert
Nia
Whiff

RailsByRick

Giving Diesel 10 a removable, but posable, claw would be ideal if it is an issue for NMRA standards. I just know how positively the community would react if he was announced, and he would absolutely be one of the best selling models Bachmann has ever produced. Bachmann, the money is on the table. I'm patiently standing by to pre-order. Diesel 10 would absolutely be a wise decision for a newly tooled locomotive.

As for Harvey, I agree it would be acceptable to omit the moving eye mechanism for a posable crane arm. I think Bachmann should get further away from the moving eye gimmick as it only complicates the mechanisms and puts more strain on the models. The same applies for Diesel 10.

TrainFan97

For Narrow Gauge rolling stock, two repaints of existing toolings that still haven't been announced yet are a Brown Brake Van and Box Van. We still need those. They got other Narrow Gauge rolling stock in brown coming, so why not a brake van and box van in brown? They could be announced in the NMRA, or the 2025 catalog. I don't see why not, since the tooling is already there. There are three new Narrow Gauge rolling stock toolings that still haven't been shown unpainted, being the Gondolas, High-Side Wagons, and Gunpowder Wagons, but the former two did have progress made. Still waiting for them to be shown unpainted with Sir Handel. The CGI mandate is the only thing holding Bachmann back from making recolors like Smudger. Once Sir Handel finally does get shown, we can hope progress has been started on Duncan; another new tooling, which was announced last year.

Diesel 10 would be a huge seller in HO Scale. Mattel has to let Bachmann make Diesel 10, considering he appeared in both model and CGI. To meet NMRA standards, some compromises would have to be made to the claw, like making it removable. Can still be posable, but not perfect. He could become the second larger diesel for the HO Scale range. Someone needs to ask Doug about the possibility of characters like Harvey and Diesel 10, and how to get models like them to meet NMRA standards. Those two, along with Nia and Whiff, are the best choices for newly-tooled engines in the HO Scale range, and if Rebecca sells good, Hiro can be considered. Harvey, Diesel 10 and Whiff are the only engines left for the HO Scale range that appeared in both model and CGI.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

mtrocke88

I actually would love to buy a newly-tooled Bachmann Harvey and diesel 10 as well as whiff in HO scale as those characters originally appeared in the model series of Thomas and friends. I absolutely would pay good money for models of those characters.

But now I couldn't help but wonder which Thomas and friends characters Bachmann will make next after Harvey, diesel 10, and whiff? Well, I'm sure we will eventually find out in future, won't we.

I would also buy Hiro as well.