News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Shay with DCC

Started by hotrainlover, September 13, 2008, 06:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

I would like to announce that I just installed a DZ125PS decoder in this engine.  Once I cut the yellow capacitor the unit work SUPERB....

I followed the break down sheet, with no droblems.

Mr. Bachmann, thanks for a GREAT product!!

Pacific Northern

What type of DCC unit are you using with the Shay and the DZ125PS?
Pacific Northern

hotrainlover

Pacific Northern,
I use the EZ-Command system.  If that is what you mean.
By the way, I also model the UP and GN.

Pacific Northern

hotrainlover

Thanks, there was a thread that indicated a possible conflict between the EZ DCC control unit and this chip. I had asked anyone who had this combination of EZ DCC and chip to advise if they had any troubles. Never heard back from anyone. Thanks very much.
Pacific Northern

Yampa Bob

Congratulations Lee.

I have installed several DH and DZ decoders, no conflicts with my EZ Command. I bought the decoders during a special sale at $16 each, great value.

I'm bashing a Connie into a 0-8-0T, the tiny DZ fits nicely in the tank.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jim Banner

Bob, there have been no reported problems with DH and DZ decoders except the DZ125.  The latter is rated for just 18 volts on the rails.  I had problems with one while using my E-Z Command which was putting 19 volts on the rails.  I have never had a problem with the older DZ123.

I now have another five of the DZ125 on hand for testing and will report the results when I get time.  I don't want to say I am running late this year but if the weather stays good for another two or three weeks, I might get the spring clean up of my yard finished.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

I should have clarified that I have only installed the DZ123 and wasn't aware of the problem with DZ125.  Guess I'm fortunate to have 2 of the older ones on hand.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.