News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Started by emde5, June 21, 2024, 09:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emde5

For those in norther Il The UP 4014 will be at the Rochelle train part on Sept 8  Not sure what time
As of right now it is not just a run by.

Fred Klein

Thanks for the heads-up. I subscribe to Trains.com which includes using the Earth-Cam on top of the train viewing pavillion. Now I just have to hope that they park it where it can be viewed with the camera. Thanks again.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Fred Klein

Saw UP 4014 as it rolled up to the Rochelle Railroad Park this morning. It was an amazing sight. Unfortunately, I had to watch in on Trains cam as I am about 900 miles away. Still, very enjoyable. 
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

jward

You wouldn't want to be there in person. It's a circus from what I hear. I've chased enough steam excursions to know they bring all the idiots out from under their rocks. I can tell you horror stories about the Chessie Steam Special in the 1970s.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

emde5

4014 was at Global III Sunday. Was a static display from 9 till 3.  According to a UP press person
just over 60,000 came out to see her. 

trainman203

When the 4014 came though Metairie, Louisiana about three years ago, we went to watch it on a parallel suburban street up in the neighborhood where I live.  Just three of us were there, nobody else.  We did see one guy way down the track with a tripod camera, but nobody else.  Of course the train was  going through a 15 miles an hour speed limit area with a train horn free zone so it was pretty unexciting.  No exhaust sound, no whistle. 🥱🥱😴😴

Terry Toenges

It's coming within about 15 miles of me but I'm not going. I've seen the static Big Boy in Omaha. Too much of a hassle for me to get around anymore.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Too bad they don't run a DD40AX with Big Boy instead of the SD.
Feel like a Mogul.

trainman203

The SD is becoming historic itself.

bbmiroku

When the engine came to Roselle, IL a few years ago...
I was in such a spot that as it came into the station that if the intrusive thoughts had won for even a moment, I could've reached out and touched the running gear.
I didn't, of course, but there were no protections around.

Ralph S

Let me know when the DD40AX is run (if any are still around and working).   That engine to me is a much better-looking double engine locomotive.  The stationary one that I use to work around had a 16 cylinder and a 20-cylinder diesel with a 4160KV (1500KW) generator sandwiched between the two diesels.  From what I was told just before this diesel was retired, was that it was a replica of the DD40AX.