Employee exclusive Bachmann train set

Started by anrustad88, September 18, 2024, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anrustad88

Hi,  I have a employee exclusive Bachmann Union pacific train from the late 70s. The box says 102 pieces,  and I have the full set and the box.  I can't find any info on this particular set.  Any ideas?You cannot view this attachment.

trainman203

One thing you can expect is that when you try it out for the first time it probably won't run.  45 years is a very long time to sit idle .  Old cars won't run after that long of a time, but everybody expects toy trains to jump to life. The lubricants will probably have congealed and all electrical contact points will have heavily oxidized.

Be ready to gain access to the gear train to clean all the old lubricant out with a wood toothpick and apply new light grease.  Then you'll need to thoroughly clean the locomotive wheels and the track if you expect it to run.  Rather than try to explain all that here I refer you to the many videos on YouTube for both jobs. Just remember to never use abrasives for any of that, It scratches the track up allowing it to oxidize even faster.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

trainman203

bbmiroku

It looks like it has been used. The boxes have been taken out of the main box at the very least.