News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Painting The Red Coaches

Started by thomasj219, June 07, 2024, 05:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

Hey all,

I'd like to paint the red coaches' roofs   white to match the classic series.

Any recommendations on which paint to use?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

JLK2707

I would just like to recommend Tamiya Flat White XF2.

thomasj219

Awesome! But wouldn't it have to be a slight gloss to match the paint work of the coaches?

Kemptown Branch

Quote from: thomasj219 on June 08, 2024, 08:49:20 AMAwesome! But wouldn't it have to be a slight gloss to match the paint work of the coaches?

You could also apply a clear gloss coat to the roof to make it match, or a clear matte coat to the coach bodies to match the roof paint. Although, I think that you could probably find a gloss version of white paint. I'd also recommend putting a coat of primer on the roofs to help the white paint stick better.
Hoping for Edward in N Scale!

thomasj219

Brilliant! I'll do just that. Thanks so much man.

Jake86

I would like to see Gordon's composite and brake express coaches which have green doors black rooftops and white windows in the future they were seen in the second series Gordon pulled them in episodes Cows Old Iron Percy and the Signal Duck Takes Charge and Thomas and the Missing Christmas tree Edward pulled them in episode Bertie's Chase and Saved From Scrap James pulled them in episode Old Iron and Henry pulled them in episode Edward's Exploit where as the 1st series express coaches which have green doors cream windows and grey rooftops were seen in the episode Saved From Scrap and Wrong Road

Jake86

I am interested in seeing the troublesome breakvan and troublesome truck which is a box van that was seen in the episode A Close Shave as well as spiteful truck in the episode Percys Predicament black sliver and white tankers from the episode Edward and Gordon in the future

Armada Starscream

On a similar note regarding the Red Coaches, has anyone tried using the Toby's Museum Coaches with Duck and Oliver? The Museum Coaches have a livery similar to the Great Western Railway (GWR) coaches, and it would be cool to see them used with the GWR Duck and Oliver.

And maybe, the Museum Coaches can be used to quickly make stand-ins for Isabel, Dulcie, ALice, and Mirabel

Jake86

I am interested in seeing the troublesome breakvan and troublesome truck which is a box van that was seen in the episode Pop Goes The Diesel Dirty Work A Close Shave and Percys Predicament as well as spiteful truck in the episode Percys Predicament black sliver and white tankers from the episode Edward and Gordon in the future