News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Faulty Mechanisms

Started by RailsByRick, September 06, 2024, 11:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailsByRick

It's no surprise that the Bachmann Thomas models have poor mechanisms. I constantly see disappointed people whose new Thomas model has a burnt out motor after little use. I've recently had an Origins James come to a complete stop with an awful burning smell (sent back to Bachmann for repair/replacement). I've even considered not collecting the line anymore due to the fact that the mechanisms are that poor.

Have you had any bad experiences with burnt out motors? Is there a way to prolong the life of the Thomas & Friends models? I'd love to hear your experiences in this thread.

Coaltronn

Bust my Buffers your tone is upset. Mine have ran fine.

jmb001

I've had I think 5 Thomas' stop in the last two years.  They just stop.  Trying to figure out if running them the exact same speed is a problem. I bought another new Thomas in July and it has stopped already.  Need to send 3 back for repair again. Generally only run on the weekends but at the exact same speed. Room is dry and air conditioned.  If anyone has any ideas to try, I am all ears.Are there voltage parameters I should check the control for?  Have a Percy running most of the time on track right beside this one and it has outlived all of them and keeps chuffing away.  Only track difference is Thomas does go up a 2" incline in about 8 ft of straight track. (Each track is aprox. 40 ft)  Percy's track does have 4 side rails for James, Gordon, Henry and himself.

Any thoughts out there.