News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

National Narrow Gauge Convention-Pittsburgh

Started by John Tumolo, September 05, 2024, 07:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

Hey, folks-just got the great news-Bachmann will be in Pittsburgh for the convention!  Like it or not, they are the reason most of us fell in love with On30-visit their stand/display and THANK THEM!!!!!!!  They need to know we support any efforts they put forth for our end of this great hobby. 

John

Fred Klein

John, instead of a 900+ mile trip, I believe I will thank them right here in the Forum.

THANK YOU, BACHMANN!
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

RailMan63

Agreed!
Thank you, Bachmann!
Mike
Reno, Nevada

Mark B

For us "seasoned citizens" suffering from diminished eyesight and shaky hands the Bachmann On30 offerings have been great.
Thank you, Bachmann, for enabling me to stay in my favorite hobby.
Looking forward to new products.

Mark B.

Fred Klein

Exactly, Mark. As a seasoned citizen, I originally modeled in N scale. However, over the years, I found that from swimming in water or even just showering, my arms shrank to the point that my eyes could no longer enjoy the fine details of Bachmann N products. Hence, On30! Thanks again, Bachmann.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Geared Steam

I agree with everyone, thank you Bachmann.

the Bach-man

Hi. Fellows!
We're here and it's great to be back!
I've had a great day saying hello to old friends!
The dealers have great stuff, the displays are first rate, and I can't wait to get into the contest room tomorrow.
We are having a wonderful time.
Best,
the Bach-man

John Tumolo

John again-Just an update-Got to talk to the Bachmen at Pittsburgh, and learned a few things-first off, they haven't forgotten us On30 Types.  The truth is, their real profit/money comes from HO more than anything else, so while it's their fault we all fell in love with On30, they must pay more attention to the money makers.  They are coming out with several things for us-a tank car to be used as a track cleaning car-one in silver (just begging to be lettered in SOCONY)and three other colors/lettering schemes-black unlettered,Durango and Silverton and White Pass & Yukon Route.  There is a three bay hopper coming in 2025 lettered for EBT that I know folks are chomping at the bit for.  To keep things on the humorous side, they have animated a stock car with either reindeer, cattle or horses bobbing in and out of the windows. The 14 ton Heisler is also back, this time with metal gears to alleviate running problems of the past. Also on display was the new British release by Bachmann- On30/NG7 WOW!  This engine needs to come over here for our layouts-it's really well done.   It was great talking to the guys and finding that while we are a small part of the overall company, we are not forgotten.  Thanks, Bachmann!

RailMan63

I'd really like to see Bachmann bring back the good old 4-6-0 in On30 scale.
They're great runners, and real beauties!
And maybe a few cars lettered for ET&WNC?
Ha ha!
Mike