News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Battery and Airwire into Newer Bachmann G 4-6-0

Started by [email protected], September 04, 2024, 04:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Although I do not know if this is the newest of the Big Haulers various markings indicate 2020 era model.  I cannot find the usual drawings/schematics for this loco on the B-mann site.  The tender does not have room for the new components and the current mother board.  I intend to remove the motherboard and wire the Airwire G3 decoder directly to the loco.

All I need is the ID of the motor and headlight leads.  I see that there are 16 wires connecting the tender and loco, all black.  Can anyone point me to the appropriate schematic or diagram that identifies the loco/tender connections?

Steve Seidensticker

Fred2179

Steve, if you have the motherboard in the tender and 16 wires, then it's a new/latest version? Or was it wired by the previous owner?

I'm surprised there isn't a wiring diagram posted yet, but if it is the original wiring, then it's the same as all the others.  The C-19 wiring and the plug-n-play motherboard are fully documented:
https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=documents&cPath=8_50_51

[email protected]

Hi Fred, Thanks for the reply and info.  Yes, the 4-6-0 wiring is a factory installation and is very similar to the C-19 diagram that you pointed me to.  Although the diagram showed the 16 wires between the tender and loco it did not identify which wire carried which signal.

I was able to tease out the motor the headlight wires with a multimeter and some continuity checking and those are the only ones I need.

When I am finished with this project I will write up the details and post them here for anyone else to use.

Steve

Greg Elmassian

I see the other topic... focused on the socket.

What you are asking is for the pinout of the connectors between the loco and the tender...

Not sure that exists, definitely not published... but I sent you what I think the wiring is for the 2 connectors between the loco and the tender, with pins labelled 1-8 and A-H

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com