News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Front yoke parts for a 38ton shay

Started by Train lover, August 24, 2024, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Train lover

Hi I need help to try and get parts for a 38ton shay I'm looking for front yoke truck to cylinders please help

Loco Bill Canelos

My two cents. The  38 ton Shays were produced in 2004 and were sold out by Bachmann very quickly.  It's like trying to by OEM parts for your 2004 Ford. There is no hope that Bachmann will make more of this part.  For us with this amazing loco though it is a real problem. I have this locomotive and bought a spare yoke just for insurance in case mine broke. Will i sell it, no I might need it so far as I know no third party has produced this part. 

Please you third party makers out there consider making this part, like you made gears. Lets hope it will happen!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

Tell me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you buy a set of the metal trucks?  I know it's expensive, but given the alternative?  When I upgraded my Shay that had the plastic trucks, I kept them just in case I needed parts. Bachmann is (and to the best of my knowledge always has been) not known for having parts long.  When they make a run of locos they apparently order some extra pieces but once gone it's over.  I once read a comment by the head honcho in china that basically said we sell so cheap, just buy another one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373821577355?_nkw=bachmanm+shay+trucks&itmmeta=01J6A4VKJPWAJXT28KS6843GWP&hash=item570980988b:g:h4wAAOSw0plioVNz&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKk11a5O7mm5iyM7b%2FK4fqGHBW4ESOxklXIPQwydjxOw46qzHB8Txi9mwmt80IeE0oRZSACZywKQCKynh5kX1XtUzKaUnnemAfSSG7sNm99R42UglJGRXRIHjviAp8jJBYGOLFg%2FKyoDZ42%2FlOYMtJmjDmVNsZhk5lwX2upn6D%2FX9NqBtfQHoFu0e3NiQLPnBybbnreT3Vbe%2BE86qhHOe8jGVGYtL1RR%2FAIgEL0NeZ%2BLBuauUPiQS1KU6ksu4Ozn77U%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7y57sSyZA