News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 streetcar

Started by John Tumolo, August 05, 2024, 06:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

Got an odd one here-I won a bid for what was supposed to be a Holiday Streetcar set, but all I got was the streetcar and the car barn.  The streetcar runs fine on my layout, and I'd like to know if I can just add sections of flex-track to the piece of track within the car barn.  Will I be making a mistake, or will this work?  Is there a special piece at "end of track" that is needed to make the car stop and reverse?  Can I use a regular Bachmann power pack like the nice metal ones that came with the on30 sets?  Have I become an externally helical threaded fastener capable of being tightened or released by a twisting force to the head?  Just asking...........

Fred Klein

John, I have the same trolley set with the car barn. Yes, there is a special end-track as you surmised. The trolley will run just fine on regular track using DC power but if you want to use the auto-reverse feature, you will need the special track that's normally part of the set. The special track is marked on the bottom with A and B ends and they have to be matched up, otherwise the trolley won't run. Bachmann used to sell an extension track set for the auto-reverse feature but I have no idea whether or not it contains the special end-track that triggers the auto-reverse. Hope this helps.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL