Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulfred100

One thing I've been thinking of regarding N scale is what a Holiday set could eventually look like. We've had many HO versions over the years. With Candy cane tankers, Emily's coach with decorations, a 7 plank with a tree inside, Santa's sleigh on a 1 plank wagon, Christmas Toad break van. I wonder what the N scale version could look like. It's bounded to happen sooner or later.

RailsByRick

I'd love to see a holiday set in the N Scale line. My only request is that Thomas comes with a snowplow just like all of the other holiday sets that came before.

TrainFan97

It would be nice to eventually get an N Scale Christmas set.

After we get N Scale Edward on the cards, the next engines for the N Scale range should be Duck, Oliver, Donald and Douglas, but other ideas that are very much welcome that can use existing chassis include Mavis and Spencer. Mavis would recycle Thomas' chassis, while Spencer would recycle Gordon's chassis. Duck would not use the same chassis as Thomas because his chassis is longer than Thomas'. Same for Donald and Douglas. Now that N Scale is finally getting Henry, the next time a big engine gets announced, it should be Spencer. But the next time N Scale gets a Class 08 repaint, it should be 'Arry and Bert. I'm hoping we hear something on N Scale Diesel and Paxton by the end of the year. Mavis should be the first diesel in the N Scale range that isn't a Class 08. Any of these ideas will be welcome as long as Edward is the absolute next for N Scale. He's the #1 priority, especially with the 80th Anniversary coming up. Edward is also the last engine from Season 1 left for N Scale, and will complete the original Steam Team.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

harrison05

You know a rolling stock character I would like to see made in HO? Hector not only is he a character most fans like he's a Troublesome Truck something a lot of people want more of in the Bachmann range.

Armada Starscream

I have just had a thought on how Bachmann could make a RWS-style Toby, without even breaking the CGI mandate! It probably won't happen, but I at least wanted to put the idea out there. And Bachmann has surprised us in the past.

In the twenty-third season episode "Heart of Gold" Toby has a fantasy sequence where he sees himself being turned into a golfing windmill. Here are some pictures:

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Gold/Gallery?so=search&file=HeartofGold31.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Gold/Gallery?so=search&file=HeartofGold29.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Gold/Gallery?so=search&file=HeartofGold32.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Gold/Gallery?so=search&file=HeartofGold110.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Gold/Gallery?so=search&file=HeartofGold34.png

https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Gold/Gallery?so=search&file=HeartofGold37.png

The livery Toby is in when he is in this fantasy does look a lot like his Railway Series Book livery. I suspect that the episodes writer, fan-turned-pro Michael White, may have slipped that in as a little easter egg.

Given that Bachmann has released Busy Bee James based on an obscure livery in a single episode, Maybe something Bachmann could do would be release a Toby recolor in these colors from Heart of Gold. Toby's sideplates are not seen in the fantasy sequence, so maybe Bachmann could sneak some Blue sideplates on to it and release it as "Windmill Toby" or something along those lines? Therefore, it could secretly double as a CGI Toby recolor AND Railway Series Toby. It would be a great chance for Bachmann to get a recolor out as a quick new product.

Granted this is a rather far-fetched. I suspect it won't happen, but I just wanted to put the idea on the table. And Bachmann has surprised us before, so we never know. It would be cool to have a Windmill Toby to go along with Toby's Museum Coaches!

Awesometrain77

It was actually Ian mccue who put that in the episode . However Windmill Toby  is something I couldn't see happening too obscure.as for the windmill building is something I think should come back into the range .
When you think of Thomas one of the first things is opening which is known for the windmill.
Another building I could see coming back  is the signal box .
Possibly maithwaite  and brendam wherehouse as a place to put your figures

Luke22

Here's something I've been curious about when it comes to the packaging for the locomotives:

If the N Scale, Large Scale, and the Narrow Gauge characters got the boxes to properly store them in, why not the HO Scale models? I say this because in this day in age, they're becoming expensive and I'll use Sam's Train YT channel review of Bachmann Ryan as an example of him pointing out the evolution of the range:

He mentions that the range has been evolving to become less like toys and more closer to models because of the separately fitted parts, the complex paint job in the lining, and the pricing... In his model, as you can see in the thumbnail, the "N" got rubbed off due to the plastic cover "bump" making contact with it, messing up the quality of the model. Plus the fact that the RRP is almost $200 should be noted that this isn't just a cheap toy model for youngsters to own unlike the early T&F models of Bachmann.

The reasons mentioned by Sam is why I'd like to have a box, at least for the HO/OO Scale Locos for proper storage. The plastic packaging isn't as efficient as it should be since they end up becoming disposed into the trash/recyclables because once you use a knife/scissors to open that difficult packaging, it's useless...

Heck, with Rebecca coming soon, it'll be nice if sometime in the future a box can be utilized especially seeing that RRP price tag for her model being the most expensive in the present day, so that'll be great if possible. The inner plastic container can still be kept, but the outside one needs to go to ensure that the model survives the transit from warehouse to our model shops/doorstep.

Cheeky_ULP

People have bee advocating for the HO/OO range to upgrade to boxes for a long time. I could be mis-remembering, but there's some convoluted reason as to why they haven't switched yet that dates back to when the range first began.

JLK2707

Great point, Cheeky_ULP, I think that this should be done since the packaging would just become reusable.

DustyMarie53!

If I recall the main reason they are packaged the way they are is so they could hang on pegs in hobby shops and stand out like other Thomas toys, rather than be stacked like a normal model train box would be and more easily buried. I think the decision for in store box makes sense. But I really wish we could get better boxes for those who buy online, especially from trainworld and the like. Idk if it would be worth pursuing but I know myself and others here would appreciate a more traditional box style for online purchases at least.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

NWRLevi

Hello everyone. My first post here, as I wanted to pitch in my thoughts on the packaging issue.

Whilst it does make sense they would want to keep the plastic packaging in order for them to hang on pegs, they could still do this using cardboard. For example, many figures within the Transformers toy line use cardboard packaging of mainly boxes, whilst still retaining peg holes to be hung from. Bachmann could pursue a similar style if possible, allowing for the best of both worlds; Easier to open packaging that can still be hung from pegs.
Praying for a Thomas x Transformers collaboration.

Zorran202

For me, the blister packaging made sense when the models back then were cheaper in price, but as time goes on-whether by inflation or the expenses for the materials/additional detailing like separately-fitted handrails to make the models-it's evident that the packaging needs to be updated to better protect the products being sold. The models like Ryan aren't exactly cheap these days, becoming closer to models that adults would purchase if it's up their alley.

Heck, I remember being able to purchase a model of Edward for about $50-ish from Amazon, which is pretty great back a decade ago, but these days it's doubled to $100-ish, assuming inflation being a key factor.

So yeah, with how expensive models are becoming, and with how Rebecca is gonna be pretty dang expensive judging from the preorder prices/RRP, it'll make sense to protect these models in boxes like any hobby of regular models sold these days. Hopefully this'll be something for Bachmann to consider because by this point the blister packaging feels outdated/out of place, which would then give them to update the packaging to make their HO Scale range cohesive with their other lines of N, Large, and Narrow Gauge.