Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

I feel Freddie is more likely than Duke. Although Freddie never appeared in full CGI, he still had merchandise during that era. Bachmann hasn't made a model of Russell, which if Bachmann was to make Freddie, they can make Russell using his tooling. I don't think they made a model of Prince for Duke, either. Either way, those two characters would be new toolings. If they were to make Mighty Mac, they would use the Bachmann UK Double Fairlie tooling. Mighty Mac had buffers, but would look more accurate to their basis without them.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Awesometrain77

Quote from: Chaz on September 07, 2024, 09:06:16 PMSo here's a random almost midnight thought I had the other night and I'm curious to know how you guys would feel about this.

So on the subject of Bachmann eventually running out of narrow gauge engine ideas (with the CGI mandate in mind), would you guys be happy if Bachmann announced Freddie as the next new narrow gauge engine because he would be based on the prop from the model era?  Or would you be annoyed or even disappointed that Bachmann would have completely glanced over Duke in favor of Freddie?  I asked a few friends this and the results were shockingly mixed but I'm curious to know what people on here think.

I think I would be so happy I would not care . Because that would be so cool they are doing a model series character . Duke should be after Freddie tho . Smudger and proteus would be cool to see though . As for MightyMac I  think they could happen and would be a easy repaint of the double farlie Bachmann offers in the UK .

Millie Victor and Luke need to happen before any of this tho . So they got in total 9 narrow gauge engines to do .

Cheeky_ULP

I think it would be very baffling if Bachmann made Freddie before Duke, as they could just license the PECO tooling out to make the latter, like they did for the first rolling stock in the range. Duke would be the objectively cheaper and quicker option.

TrainFan97

Bachmann doesn't have the Prince tooling for Duke, but PECO does, so Bachmann could just license PECO's Prince tooling to make Duke. If Bachmann licensed PECO's toolings to get the first Narrow Gauge rolling stock, they can do the same for Duke. Freddie would require a new tooling, which would be used to make Russell as well.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

DustyMarie53!

I do think it's rather telling they went back and fixed the previous vans to more accurately reflect the props and also the real vans on the TR. Granted Duke doesn't have the latter going for him, but I'd be shocked if they just licensed the tooling from PECO instead of making their own. Not impossible, I just don't see it personally. Wouldn't be shocked if the PECO open wagon currently still in the line is discontinued once the new BMQ ones come out. Not the exact same model but given how much higher the peco's RRP is we can assume the licensing is not cheap, so may be something they don't want to keep around for long.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

JLK2707

Mulfred100

Just throwing it out there the prince loco by Peco isn't Die-cast like the Skarloey engines. Same with the Double Fairlie only the running board is Die-cast on that. So while it might be Cheaper but Duke would also not be a Die-cast model like the rest of the range. So when/if they do make Duke it'll probably be new Tooling to keep him in line with the rest of the range, same with Mighty Mac especially with then buffers.

TrainFan97

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 09, 2024, 02:58:40 AMWho or what is Russell?

In case you don't know, Russell is Freddie's basis.

Jake86

I was going to ask whether Bachmann would be able to create the red composite and brake express coaches which are the same as the original in 2006 different to the 2nd design 2022 and the new design will be red doors black rooftops with white windows which was seen in the season 2 series Henry pulls them in episode Cows Old Iron Percy and The Signal Duck Takes Charge The Runaway Better Late Than Never Henry's Forest Edward pulls them in episode Old Iron Duck pulls them in Pop Goes The Diesel and James pulls them in episode Edwards Exploit and Gordon pulls them in episode A Bad Day For Sir Handel and Donald pulls them in episode Paint Pots and Queens I would like to see Gordon's express composite and brake coaches which are the same as the original in the 1st design green doors and black rooftops but with white windows which was seen in the season 2 series first episode Thomas Percy and the Coal to Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree 1986 if you like the idea please let me know thanks

Jake86

I was wondering whether you would be interested in creating Gordon's buffet express coach which has green doors cream windows black rooftops and yellow stripe which was seen in series 6 as well as red buffet express coach which has red doors black rooftops cream windows and yellow stripe if you like the idea please let me know thanks

[email protected]

Luke22

You know what I think could be possible? If Bachmann need to find some filler elements in regards to repaints, Perhaps we can have the following:

Bill & Ben being blue could be an interesting repaint if Bachmann needed some filler to keep the line going. If we got a Busy Bee James, Origin James, Red Rosie, LBSC Thomas, and Yellow BMM Rheneas, then hopefully the blue versions of Bill and Ben can be easier to make since they're tank engines.

Another possibility if needed is Salty, since we never have had a repaint of a diesel before, which should be interesting to see if this can be done.

I'd be curious to see if they did yet another James model as...:

I mean if they made a Busy Bee James and Origins James, I wouldn't be surprised if this Pink Undercoat James was released as yet another filler addition if needed, though I'll admit that'll be too many James' out of the models in the Bachmann range.

Awesometrain77

Quote from: DustyMarie53! on September 08, 2024, 09:32:08 PMI'd be shocked if they just licensed the tooling from PECO instead of making their own. Not impossible, I just don't see it personally. Wouldn't be shocked if the PECO open wagon currently still in the line is discontinued once the new BMQ ones come out. Not the exact same model but given how much higher the peco's RRP is we can assume the licensing is not cheap, so may be something they don't want to keep around for long.
I have to agree on this. I honestly think that the gray open wagon Is probably on the choppping block next year.

Awesometrain77

To be honest, we don't need another James variant . Pink undercoat Thomas could happen . But I honestly think gold Thomas could happen next year. Silver Spencer is another one I saw suggested But wouldn't they do like a silver Percy to fit in with Thomas?

Another idea I have had was to do a pink Thomas as seen in the adventure begins and Emily with number 12 maybe give her a headlight or something to make her a little bit more different

TrainFan97

Gold Thomas would be the best, and most likely 80th Anniversary idea for HO Scale, along with Silver Percy and Bronze Diesel, just like Wooden Railway did 20 years ago. Silver Percy and Bronze Diesel would both fit in with Gold Thomas, and they would all be 80th Anniversary Special Editions.

N Scale should get Edward, LBSC Thomas and Origin James, as 80th Anniversary products. After Edward gets announced for N Scale, the next engine should be one who does the Great Western way of doing things: Duck. Then we could get Oliver, Donald and Douglas for N Scale too.