Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustyMarie53!

Quote from: Mulfred100 on August 23, 2024, 03:33:10 PMTbh I know I'm one of the few people who are less against the mandate and I know Bachmann as a company care about us fans and genuinely listen and keep us modeling. I've said it before but I'll say it again it's been 15 years this year for Hero of the rails and the CGI switch 11 since King of the railway and what we know as the Brenner era. We can continue to point out "but YouTube, but we want" they know! Let's make the most of what we can do and trust Bachmann and Doug. I mean 2015 we were completely shocked by Skarloey, then N scale, The iconic summer announcements of Peter Sam and Daisy, HO scaled figures, the beautiful resin building (rip) Besides we've still got a nice little pool of CGI Characters that are liked by fans. Hiro, Stephen, Porter etc.

I just don't like it being a mandate. I don't like it when parent companies limit their liscensors regardless. Everything you're saying is completely true but also, it is an unsatisfying answer. People will likely keep bringing this up here because it is an annoying limit that shouldn't be in place. I think that being unsatisfied with this current contract is completely fair as long as you also acknowledge that Bachmann still has plenty of ways to deliver to the fans. Both are statements that can coexist.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

Awesometrain77

Gonna post my opinions about the mandate here and what model era  stuff I could see Bachmann making if it gets lifted .

First off the main topic of this thread what model era characters they could make
Stepney has been long suggested and wanted by fans for many years if they did Stepney he would 100% have the season 12 CGI face . Now if diesel 10 happens (he has been suggested for so long he is bond to happen one day ) spatter and dodge should happen. And to finish the magic railroad cast lady would have to be done .
Lady has been a suggestion I have seen a lot of so I think she would be choice
BoCo is another engine we could see if the mandate gets lifted he is a classic Awdry character . Hank could be simlar to beau , Billy and Dennis could happen if we get Norman and Charlie .aside from narrow gauge engines I doubt anyone else could be made .

Honestly I don't like the mandate . However even if the mandate got lifted I doubt we would see a model series tender engine aside from Hank or Duke/Betrum .Even is Murdoch goes for so much on eBay . You have to remember that there was over a ten year gap between Douglas and Rebecca . And considering the fact that there are more popular tender engine  characters who I would rather see over Murdoch Nevelle or Molly such as Hiro . A tender engine would be a huge investment so you would have to make sure that they would be a popular character compared to someone like Stepney or lady who would not be much of a risk . In summery even if the mandate gets lifted I doubt we will ever see a model series tender engine who would require a new tool .

However I doubt the mandate would ever get lifted .
But maybe they could still do Stepney if they give him the season 12 CGI face from Rosie's funfair special.

Anyway on to a new topic what do you guys think the 2025 special edition Thomas could be rn I am leaning towards a gold Thomas but who knows

Mulfred100

Quote from: DustyMarie53! on August 23, 2024, 08:26:25 PM
Quote from: Mulfred100 on August 23, 2024, 03:33:10 PMTbh I know I'm one of the few people who are less against the mandate and I know Bachmann as a company care about us fans and genuinely listen and keep us modeling. I've said it before but I'll say it again it's been 15 years this year for Hero of the rails and the CGI switch 11 since King of the railway and what we know as the Brenner era. We can continue to point out "but YouTube, but we want" they know! Let's make the most of what we can do and trust Bachmann and Doug. I mean 2015 we were completely shocked by Skarloey, then N scale, The iconic summer announcements of Peter Sam and Daisy, HO scaled figures, the beautiful resin building (rip) Besides we've still got a nice little pool of CGI Characters that are liked by fans. Hiro, Stephen, Porter etc.

I just don't like it being a mandate. I don't like it when parent companies limit their liscensors regardless. Everything you're saying is completely true but also, it is an unsatisfying answer. People will likely keep bringing this up here because it is an annoying limit that shouldn't be in place. I think that being unsatisfied with this current contract is completely fair as long as you also acknowledge that Bachmann still has plenty of ways to deliver to the fans. Both are statements that can coexist.

But people don't do that and that's my overall point! Sometimes this thread feels like it should be renamed as "The CGI Mandate Thread" rather then it's actual title. It's very negative and draining. It's one reason why I left, it becomes page after page of negativity rather then people talking about the future. Now we can continue to push for what we want in a positive way and discussions or we can keep repeating the same lines about it. I know which I'd rather and my ending point which seems to have been completely lost was that Bachmann always surprises us, so I have no doubt be it in a cold day in February or a summers day in July or August that one day we'll see a model series character introduction and be all "well I wasn't expecting that! This is amazing" until then let's be POSITIVE and talk about what we'd like (model series included) rather the this be page after page being down on a situation Bachmann can't really do anything about and like I say as soon as they can we'll know because shock announcements lol.

TrainFan97

While I don't like the CGI mandate, I'm sick of it constantly being brought up in this particular thread. Most of the time when I discuss possible new products the near future could announce, the conversation gets derailed (no pun intended) to someone complaining about the CGI mandate. We get it. We don't like the CGI mandate. If you hate it so much, why don't you just create a new thread, and take it there, instead of derailing conversations about possible new products; the ACTUAL purpose of this thread.

Seriously, I can't make a list or go into details of what I think is possible without someone just complaining about how bad the CGI mandate is. We get it.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 24, 2024, 01:51:14 AMWhile I don't like the CGI mandate, I'm sick of it constantly being brought up in this particular thread. Most of the time when I discuss possible new products the near future could announce, the conversation gets derailed (no pun intended) to someone complaining about the CGI mandate. We get it. We don't like the CGI mandate. If you hate it so much, why don't you just create a new thread, and take it there, instead of derailing conversations about possible new products; the ACTUAL purpose of this thread.

Seriously, I can't make a list or go into details of what I think is possible without someone just complaining about how bad the CGI mandate is. We get it.
It's continually brought up in a thread about future predictions because it's a genuine hindrance to any realistic future predictions. Most comments people make about it are fair and constructive, and getting angry about such discussions is doing more harm to yourself than others.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Cheeky_ULP on August 24, 2024, 02:31:02 AM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 24, 2024, 01:51:14 AMWhile I don't like the CGI mandate, I'm sick of it constantly being brought up in this particular thread. Most of the time when I discuss possible new products the near future could announce, the conversation gets derailed (no pun intended) to someone complaining about the CGI mandate. We get it. We don't like the CGI mandate. If you hate it so much, why don't you just create a new thread, and take it there, instead of derailing conversations about possible new products; the ACTUAL purpose of this thread.

It's continually brought up in a thread about future predictions because it's a genuine hindrance to any realistic future predictions. Most comments people make about it are fair and constructive, and getting angry about such discussions is doing more harm to yourself than others.

Okay, maybe I missed the point. It is genuine hindrance to realistic future predictions. Sorry if I sounded too angry about it. Of course I want characters like Stepney, BoCo and Duke. I should've known those complaints actually were fair and constructive. I just wasn't sure if any amount of this would accomplish the goal. I wanted to get back on topic, but ended up making a fool of myself instead.

I was just agreeing with what Mulfred said about conversations like that, that we might as well change the name to the "CGI mandate thread". I don't mean to cause any disharmony.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Mulfred100

So with Stephen I figured rather then me echoing myself I'd use my Instagram as a bit of a data poll to see what others think I threw out a poll which is one poll so it's not gospel and my following is only 2755 and the poll itself was seen 539 and out of that 539 only 110 actually took part giving their view however the results are here
poll and what was aksed

results

63 voted yes they'd buy Bachmann Stephen. 18 voted no they wouldn't buy Stephen and 29 voted for I'll decide when the model is revealed. Again I'm just someone making a poll on my account so I hold no weight really nor can really follow that up with who voted no who actually collects Bachmann, or anything like that but it's just a little bit of data research to show that there is a bit the fandom who would get behind the model and a potential pool who could be won around once the model is revealed. Thank you for reading and if you happen to be one of the people who voted thank you for participating.

Jake86

Quote from: Jake86 on June 25, 2024, 03:53:20 AMI was going to ask whether Bachmann would be able to create the red composite and brake express coaches which are the same as the original in 2006 different to the 2nd design 2022 and the new design will be red doors black rooftops with white windows which was seen in the season 2 series Henry pulls them in episode Cows Old Iron Percy and The Signal Duck Takes Charge The Runaway Better Late Than Never Henry's Forest Edward pulls them in episode Old Iron Duck pulls them in Pop Goes The Diesel and James pulls them in episode Edwards Exploit I would like to see Gordon's express composite and brake coaches which are the same as the original in the 1st design green doors and black rooftops but with white windows which was seen in the season 2 series first episode Thomas Percy and the Coal to Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree 1986 if you like the idea please let me know thanks

DustyMarie53!

That's a decent idea Jake, the only problem being I don't know if Bachmann would have access to the reference material for them. We know they have refs for the 2000 era promo drawing style, CGI of course, Season 8 (presumably onwards as well because of Jeremy and the circus vans), and many eras of existing toys. But stuff from old seasons, would they even have access to those? Would they even want to make something so similar to their already existing coaches. I'm unsure.

Similarly on the unsure camp is Stephen. He'd be a great seller and is a good pick, I think. Only problem I can see is the lack of eyemech. We know that no eye mech isn't a deal breaker with Beau, but he also had the headlight they could advertise in place of the lack of eyes. This could be a solution for someone like Philip and maybe Glynn as well. But Stephen I'm not sure. Him being Stephenson's rocket should be enough in my opinion but idk if that's how it'll work. This is actually something I hope we can get clarification on sooner rather than later. Now that we know NMRA height doesn't matter, I want to know the opposite. Are characters that are too small for an eye mech able to still be made as well? Knowing will be really useful for gauging future predictions because I think that will open their opportunities even more so.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

Mulfred100

Well regarding moving eyes we do know that engines who are too small or there's no room (Beau) can still be made. We just need to look at the NG line for that or even N scale or G Scale Winston. Yeah his design isn't a typical but other modeling companies have managed it and with Stephen there's the added room of his smoke box which the actual rocket just has the funnel. Sales wise like every engine when done with care they sell brilliantly. One of the main reasons I keep coming back to Stephen is the fact the Open Coach is being made, which yeah it was shown in season 16 but its notably connected to Ulfstead and Stephen pulling his Tours around the castle. As always time will tell. I've made my case and I've done the research and tried to carry out some Polling so it's not just me saying "I'd like Stephen".

DustyMarie53!

Yeah, there's definitely data for him, heck if I knew about it I would have voted for him. But I do wonder if they'll get more experimental with engines without eyemechs going forward. Cause Beau is still billed with operating headlight he has something, and while he's not billed with its Winston can have people sit in him that's the gimmick. Then the other scales don't have that precedent of the preexisting moving eyes in the lineup. We have yet to get any in HO or G that doesn't have at least some play feature. Time will tell like you said though and him specifically would pair well with the open carriage. I want him to be made for sure. And I think Bachmann really should capitalize on smaller vehicles going forward. There are so many options who may be too small or too weird for an eyemech that just having Stephen destroy that precedent would be amazing. Glynn, Flynn, Dart/Natalie, Stafford, etc. I think in theory they could probably squeeze the mech in some of these guys, but having the luxury to not have to would go a long way I think.

Stephen I definitely think should be first. But my overall suggestion would be to really go all in on these smaller scale characters once they work through the remaining big cgi heavy hitters. Or even between as a calmer year pick. They'd be easier to produce so they could be good filler choices

RailsByRick

I wish Bachmann would move away from the moving eye gimmick. It only overcomplicates the mechanisms, and puts more strain on them. Sacrificing the eye mechanism for characters like Stephen (my most wanted), Glynn, and even Samson would be ideal.

TrainFan97

Hiro seems to be the #1 priority for the next new tooling for HO Scale. If we could get Kevin, as well as Victor for Narrow Gauge, we could get the Hero of the Rails trifecta.

The 80th Anniversary product for HO Scale can be Gold Thomas. We could also get a Silver Percy. One Class 08 recolor that would actually be fitting for the 80th Anniversary would be Bronze Diesel. So Gold Thomas, Silver Percy and Bronze Diesel can be 80th Anniversary Special Edition products, just like what Wooden Railway had for the 60th Anniversary 20 years ago. I wonder how they'd look if Bachmann made them for HO Scale.

For N Scale, on the other hand, the 80th Anniversary products would be Edward, LBSC Thomas and Origin James. After Edward, the next N Scale engine could be Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Donald and Douglas, or Spencer. Like Henry, Spencer can also recycle Gordon's chassis, and he can be the next big engine for the N Scale range. Duck and Oliver would be higher priorities than Donald and Douglas.

Luke22

Hiya everyone! This is my first post, and I figured I'd put my suggestions for the range:

HO Scale:

Whiff, because I'd imagine not only because of the fact he'd fit the CGI mandate, but also the lack of side rods could be one less thing to consider, making him easier to make compared to the other 95% characters who have side-rods. Granted, he'd also be a new tooling, but it would be nice to have him in HO Scale...

Hiro, hopefully if Rebecca succeeds, in which I'd buy her not only to see a potential model of Hiro to be made, but another SR class engine be made to add to my collection.

Stephen, an interesting project if they do manage to make him since he's the "real-life" Stephenson's Rocket in the TV series, as well as them making the open-topped coach coming soon.

Glynn, similar to if they make another addition to the Estate Railway with Stephen, plus would be fitting to have him w/ Sir Topham Hatt's figure in his cab.

Silver Spencer, to update him to his Season 10 onwards appearance/CGI series model.

Rolling Stock

The Liverpool and Manchester coach, same reason with Stephen/Glynn and the open topped coach, it would be a nice addition for the Estate Railway if they do plan on making them.

Gordon's Special Coaches from Season 10's Emily and the Special Coaches. Perfect pair of Composite and Brake coaches for Gordon to pull and not be one offs ever.

This suggestion might be a weird one, but I was thinking they make James/Thomas's "new" troublesome trucks from Season 9's Thomas' New Trucks, to perhaps make another new face for some troublesome trucks.

Also after the announcement of the 12 Ton Van, certainly another Troublesome Truck #7+ would be fitting for the new tooling, or at the very least the Troublesome Oil Tankers from JBS, whichever one they can go with.

OO9 Narrow Gauge

Victor, to add alongside Hiro if he gets made, but also seeing that after Sir Handel and Duncan are on the way they'll definitely need to make him next.

Luke, probably after Victor, unless if his side rods may need to be retooled a bit to run perfectly.

Millie, if Stephen and/or Glynn get made, another perfect candidate to go alongside the Estate Railway gang.

Open-topped coach (the red one Millie pulls), would be fitting to see people make Ada, Jane, and Mabel from these.

If they run out of the remaining NG characters that appeared in CGI, then we have these options left since these characters at least exist:

Duke/Bertram
Proteus, using Sir Handel, definitely a repaint that's doable w/ an added headlamp.
Smudger, using Rheneas, it can be done even if the model is using Rheneas' CGI model.
Freddie
Mighty Mac

*I don't collect these since next suggestions I only do HO/OO9 models, but ideas are arriving in my mind*

Large Scale

Edward, no question for at least their 80th Anniversary announcement in which they'd just have to modify a bit of James to make him fit.

LBSC Thomas, repaints like the HO scale, as well as 80th Anniversary suggestion.

Origin James, same as LBSC Thomas.

N Scale

Edward, LBSC Thomas, & Origin James: same as the LG scale suggestion.

After them, future suggestions here and there:

Oliver, to go with Toad the Brake Van.

Duck, might as well keep making the numbers consistent after Toby.

Donald and Douglas, to see their CGI variants make an appearance in this scale would be amazing...!

Salty/Mavis, at least another diesel that's not a Class 08 Diesel/Paxton remake for now.

Rosie (red/magenta variant), would be amazing if Bachmann made 2 versions, but knowing them I'd say they'd make the Red version since she's updated to that paintwork...

JLK2707