Future suggestions/predictions thread

Started by Chaz, July 15, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

The tar tank should joust be reintroduced for HO scale.

JacobSK

I've got my list for what I'd like to see at NMRA next week. While we've got updates on FOUR products, there is still got a long way to go in terms of getting caught up. This NMRA should be another catch up. Keeping expectations in check...

HO:
'Arry and Bert (but only if they look like the original prototypes)
Tar Tanker

Narrow gauge:
SKIP

N:
Red express coaches
Original coal wagon
Red open wagon
Blue open wagon
British track cleaning brake vans

G:
SKIP

With the 80th Anniversary being next year, we should have all the stops be pulled out for that.

DustyMarie53!

So I was going to make a thread about the HO container cars and how Diesel 10 would actually fit tonight.

Then Doug Blaine just confirmed NMRA standards don't matter. And that the problem with D10 is actually the price. Same with Harvey. But he seemed more confident in Harvey happening sooner based on the wording. This is huge. D10 they said is too expensive for the average consumer to buy, and that they know people here will buy it. But might not be worth pursuing do to the nicheness. Not a hard no though, for either. This also opens up the table back for Rocky, Judy, and Jerome which is awesome. This doesn't really change my predictions for this NMRA. Still feeling N scale Henry, still feeling rolling stock in HO and N, and Nia. Now that we know Stanley is using Thomas's chassis I don't think we'll get an 08. We might not get anything at all this catalog. But I think the next engine will be someone complicated. But this is at least confirmation Harvey and D10 aren't anytime soon, and it's unlikely to be Hiro YET. That leaves Nia and Whiff I think. Who wins we'll see. Stanley and the human figures also look so nice. The chassis reuse is also interesting, is there anyone left in cgi that can apply to? I don't admittedly know.

Thinking about it. Maybe making D10 a limited run like Beau could be an option. Limited run for us, if he does well maybe reconsider from there. That's probably the best option
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

mtrocke88

That sounds like a good idea, having a bachmann diesel 10 as a limited edition item to start with, and if that successfully sells well, it can become a permanent edition to the Thomas and friends Bachmann range. But after diesel 10, Harvey, Nia, hiro, and whiff, I wonder which Thomas and friends character will be made next in HO scale? That, I'm not too sure.

RailsByRick

I posted this on Twitter, but I'll post it here too. Guys, keep fighting for Diesel 10 and Harvey. We are so close.

Doug acknowledged the demand for Diesel 10 and Harvey on tonight's stream. He said the tooling costs and MSRP would just be too high to be sustainable.

I have to disagree. Diesel 10 especially would sell like absolute crazy, even if he ended up being more pricey.

John had a great story tonight. He said he called Bachmann numerous times to suggest they make Duck. And eventually it happened because there was a strong demand from fans.

I am by no means suggesting to pester Bachmann, but the more demand there is for an item, the more likely Bachmann will be willing to listen. I believe we are extremely close to a potential Diesel 10 and/or Harvey. The fact that they have been on Bachmann's radar is evidence enough. We just have to keep showing our support, and making it known that there is interest and a market.

DustyMarie53!

I don't think we even have to fight for Harvey too hard, they basically said it's a yet. My prediction for order will be Nia, Whiff, Harvey in terms of new molds that feels right. Just keep requesting him. D10 though, now that we know size isn't an issue. We can much more easily make our demand known.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford , Charlie, Whiff, Hiro, and the tar tanker reintroduction

Stephen62

I k ow I w said about Murdoch so many time, but I really think that with people clambering for him and got how much he's been listed for when he does pop up on eBay, I think Mattel should worry about redemption and back off on the cgi era only rule and allow him as well as other characters to be made since they had a big part in that disaster known as all engines go. And to think that their reasons for that show was to target children, which is honestly bogus considering the whole franchise in general which includes those other characters that keep pushed aside was ALWAYS a children show. And the constant introduction of new characters is why people still love it the franchise even as adults (myself included). I really think Murdoch and even flying Scotsman with both tenders would sell extraordinarily well. Even if they had to sell the water tender separately as a piece of rolling stock (which I think also would sell well itself since they are so rare on eBay as well

mtrocke88

I strongly agree on that. I think mattel should give up and end the cgi mandate so that Murdoch, stepney, Boco, Duke, etc can finally get made in the Thomas and friends Bachmann range, especially since there's lots of people clamoring for Murdoch and stepney to be made as the Hornby version of those characters keeps coming on eBay with insanely expensive prices. Plus the reason for thomas and friends reboot for kids is foolish, considering that the model and cgi series of Thomas and friends was both for children and adults to begin with. As well as the fact that Mattel is a big part of problem that is AEG. Similar to what is said just now. Even Murdoch and flying Scotsman would extremely sell well like hotcakes.

N Scale Sudrian

I'm sorry... This is just an absurd thing to say. Just because you dislike Bachmann's model-making choices or what Mattel is or isn't willing to green-light doesn't mean they're trying to scam anybody.

If you want to talk unpopular choices for models, let's consider that Beau (maligned by many as being an odd pick, since he was only in a few minutes of one special and nowhere else in the series) was the third-most pre-ordered 'Thomas' item on Trainworld in the run-up to his release... Die-hard nostalgic adults aren't the target demographic for 'Thomas', and we aren't the only ones interested in buying model trains based on 'Thomas'. To say that we're the only ones who Bachmann or, more chiefly, Mattel should cater toward comes off to me as very childish and entitled...
N Scale modeler. Primarily interested in UK and US outline stock, as well as the "Thomas" line.
Hoping for Edward and Mavis...

Stephen62

I we understand what you're saying and yes beau was a very odd choice and he might've sold in preorders, but that probably had a lot to do with he was supposed to be a limited character and they weren't going to make too many of him according to going Blaine on an episode of Thomas Tuesday. So collectors were preordering him to have them in their collection before they were sold out. But I do really believe that Mattel should really consider the older generation more because it started with them. If the show kicked off and our generation didn't like it, it would've been a complete flop and would not still be around today for younger generations to be enjoying it. And with the age restrictions on these models and for the prices they run for. I would not be buying these for a young child that is growing up on that ridiculous AEG rebooted version.

mtrocke88

This time, I'm really sorry for that negative post. I just deleted it just now. I admit that was not the best way to put it. And yes I agree that beau is not the most popular, but hey, it happens doesn't it? I'm sure I will not be posting that again at all.

mtrocke88

It's just that it's frustrating that people want such products to be made and Mattel just doesn't let it happen so easily.

mtrocke88

It's not my attention to purposely come across as childish or entitled. But I don't really like Mattel either. I'm sure I can at least forgive Bachmann trains for such odd choices though. We all make mistakes, that's for sure.

DustyMarie53!

Quote from: Stephen62 on August 02, 2024, 12:32:23 AMBut I do really believe that Mattel should really consider the older generation more because it started with them. If the show kicked off and our generation didn't like it, it would've been a complete flop and would not still be around today for younger generations to be enjoying it. And with the age restrictions on these models and for the prices they run for. I would not be buying these for a young child that is growing up on that ridiculous AEG rebooted version.

Not that I inherently disagree. But we didn't get into this franchise as adults. We were kids than too. So most of our wants are inherently tied to what we grew up with. But the kids are a big part of it as well. Always have been. I got Bachmann engines as a kid and kept them to this day. I volunteer and so many kids get excited seeing the Thomas starter set at our railroad. So many know of Daisy and Oliver as well and love them thanks to both the show and model. Despite AEG being around for 3 years now. So, I think specifically targeting characters today's kids may be more familiar with is the smart play. However, a balance existing is a good move as well. Daisy and Oliver who I just mentioned do this well. Characters fans love but the kids still know and really like them. D10 and Harvey who we now know they were looking at do as well do this well. Hiro, Scotsman, Whiff, you get the idea. They don't follow the same pattern but Nia and Rebecca being mains a lot of kids have latched onto makes them great for this line.

And to be candid that's also why I don't like the model series rule because Stepney, by nature of being real, falls under the same bubble.

mtrocke88

...Stephen62 is it? N scale sudrian insulted me calling me childish and entitled. I'm sorry but I don't like being treated like that. I only intended to make a point and if I offended anyone, I sincerely apologize for that. I didn't even mean to upset anyone. Like I said, it's very frustrating that Mattel used a cgi mandate to stop Bachmann trains from making non cgi characters to begin with. And I didn't exactly say we're the only ones Bachmann should cater to either.
That's it. I need a break from this forum, at least for awhile.