News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Everything Thomas Topic

Started by Chaz, August 13, 2019, 12:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulfred100

There's been alot of negativity around following the cancellation of Duncan, so I figured I'd try to bring back some positivity to the conversation with a few shots of my verious sets

The Bachmann range has been around for 22 years now and each year I'm constantly shocked at how the line evolves and grows. Yes we all have our favourites and lists of who we want next and different ideas. We bicker, we disagree on how projects should be handled or what way a character should look but at the end of the day this line that continues to grow year after year keeps us interested in the hobby. In 2008 the idea of a ready to Run Mavis, Salty and a good looking Emily and Edward model was crazy to me. Especially being in the UK. Then we got Bill and Ben, the Scottish twins, Duck, NG, buildings, Daisy, Ryan, N scale, so on. And because of this we all try to create a little bit of our own personal Sodor.

40 years ago Thomas first aired and 40 years later we are still getting quality products and we all get to share our love for a talking blue tank engine along with our models and unique takes on character, real world influences and love of the hobby in general.

Coaltronn

looks good. do you have a webpage we can see your stuff?

Mulfred100

Quote from: Coaltronn on October 10, 2024, 09:47:54 AMlooks good. do you have a webpage we can see your stuff?
My Instagram is Mulfredskrailway 😊 best place to find me.

DustyMarie53!

Think this is probably going to be the best place to put this.

Recently been monitoring the wishlist tab on trainworld and I've noticed Gordon and Henry in HO are consistently at the top. However, the third position consistently fluctuates between Edward and DCC Thomas which I find interesting.

The other top 10 in order are Donald, Duck, HO Toby, Tidmouth sheds, Douglas, and Peter Sam. Idk how these stacks up sales wise, but it is interesting to see how many people are interested in them specifically. I'm going to keep monitoring these to see how things fluctuate with the lead up for christmas.

I also find it really interesting DCC Thomas is as high as it is, they've said it's their top preorder during Thomas Tuesday streams before as well. It's not surprising I suppose, it is Thomas afterall, however it is interesting that it's so popular despite the lack of a product reveal yet.

Adding on currently out of stock but with preorder available for backorder is Emily's composite coach in G. Also out of stock but without back order are HO Gordon, HO Thomas, HO Red Composite, HO Red express composite, Red narrow gauge brakevan, HO Ventilated van, HO Spiteful, and G scale TT #1 are all currently out of stock. Makes sense these are all popular. Although interestingly the G scale Thomas as a single is just completely delisted. It's also out of stock on the Bachmann web store among others on this list, assume it's just a mistake on Trainworld's end but still thought it was worth bringing up here.
Hoping for bachmann Bradford, Charlie, Norman, Hiro, Nia, and Harvey

TrainFan97

The blue Narrow Gauge coach has been out of stock for months. At least on Trainworld.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

DustyMarie53!

Oh I didn't even notice, the blue and red coach are just completely gone from trainworld. Wouldn't be too shocked if the upcoming TR red coaches replaced the other but it's weird the blue one isn't on their website right now. Neither are the new coaches up for preorder yet so maybe they'll sync those two's restock with those releases, that'd make sense.

TrainFan97

The Duncan thread got locked because of the model being cancelled, and the topic became nothing but pure speculation of sales. It most likely won't be unlocked unless Duncan eventually gets back in the picture.

Anyway, I'm hoping the Narrow Gauge coaches arrive back in stock at some point on Trainworld. We still haven't seen the Talyllyn coaches yet. The November Thomas Tuesday stream could possibly show Stanley's painted sample. We recently saw painted samples of the Narrow Gauge High-Side Wagons, though we haven't seen an unpainted sample of the Narrow Gauge Gondola yet. We can also hope it won't be too much longer before we see unpainted samples of the N Scale Express Coaches. We may not see N Scale Diesel/Paxton until 2025. If we don't see Sir Handel's painted sample for the December stream, then that will definitely be for 2025.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Fernando, Norman, Den, Dart, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

DustyMarie53!

December doesn't typically have a stream and I doubt this year will be any different. I'd expect to see Stanley painted, maybe Sir Handel if we're lucky. But anything else would be a surprise.

We have seen the tallylyn coaches already both on stream and at trainshows, although no shipping updates have been given. I'd assume they'll hit around January/Febuary with the Emily set, Tallylyn, the figure packs, Hannah, and the rest of the batch of the products dropping in November. Hopefully the restock of the red and blue coaches will hit alongside them, same tooling and all.

What I'm most curious right now is the status of open carriage blue. It is currently the oldest product announcement without any updates given on its status. If we were to get any surprise news next stream that's what I'd want to see the most.

harrison05

One week since Duncan was cancelled sad, hows everyone feeling about this whole situation now that we know more?

TrainFan97

Oh, I must have forgotten the Talyllyn coaches were shown. I also forgot that December doesn't usually have streams.

We'll be lucky to see Stanley's painted sample in the November stream, and maybe even Sir Handel at a stretch. If not, then we most likely won't see Sir Handel fully painted until 2025.

I'm still hoping N Scale Gordon and Henrietta could arrive in stock soon. It may not be until November, considering neither were shown packaged. N Scale Emily, her coaches and set, may have been delayed to 2025.

DustyMarie53!

N Scale Gordon, Henrietta, and Emily and her coaches are all being released in November, just in limited quantities. This was revealed in the last Thomas tuesday. the 12 ton vans, Topham car, and Rebecca will be alongside them. If you want them make sure you have your preorders in soon. I am repeating this simply because it got burried. Hopefully this should be the last reminder. 

Also small correction, Bachmann Facebook rep has said Tallylyn will ship out by the end of the year, no exact date given though.

Kemptown Branch

Bachmann just posted higher quality pictures of the High-Side Wagons on their Facebook page:

I think they all look really good, and I'm definitely planning to pick them up once they're released!
Hoping for Edward in N Scale!

TrainFan97

Sounds like a lot of new products will be arriving in stock this November.

HO Scale:
Rebecca
12-Ton Vans
Sir Topham Hatt's Car

N Scale:

Gordon
Emily, Coaches and Set
Henrietta

I'm at least getting all the N Scale products that are arriving in stock next month. The Narrow Gauge High-Side Wagons will be shipping in early 2025. Don't know about the new slate wagons. It might be the same for them. It's only a matter of time before unpainted samples of the Narrow Gauge Gondola and N Scale Express Coaches come in, as well as the HO Scale Open Carriage.

harrison05

Quote from: TrainFan97 on October 15, 2024, 07:20:57 PMSounds like a lot of new products will be arriving in stock this November.

HO Scale:
Rebecca
12-Ton Vans
Sir Topham Hatt's Car

N Scale:

Gordon
Quote from: TrainFan97 on October 15, 2024, 07:20:57 PMSounds like a lot of new products will be arriving in stock this November.

HO Scale:
Rebecca
12-Ton Vans
Sir Topham Hatt's Car

N Scale:

Gordon
Emily, Coaches and Set
Henrietta

I'm at least getting all the N Scale products that are arriving in stock next month. The Narrow Gauge High-Side Wagons will be shipping in early 2025. Don't know about the new slate wagons. It might be the same for them. It's only a matter of time before unpainted samples of the Narrow Gauge Gondola and N Scale Express Coaches come in, as well as the HO Scale Open Carriage.
the Emily and coaches set is coming next year.

TrainFan97

So, N Scale Emily and her coaches will be available next month, but the set won't arrive until 2025. Guess I should be relieved because that means I'll just be getting N Scale Gordon and Henrietta next month, and won't have as big of a hole in my budget. I won't have the N Scale Emily set until a much later date, which gives me much more time to save up.

I pre-ordered the N Scale Emily set, rather than Emily and her coaches separately because I thought I might as well just get the set. I assume the Narrow Gauge slate wagon repaints are also going to be 2025 products.