News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

50-Ton Climax Parts

Started by atsfvic, March 20, 2015, 08:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atsfvic

Hi all,
I have a Bachmann Spectrum 50-ton Two Truck Class B Climax (item number 82806) which has developed a cracked gear in the drive line between the two trucks.     
From the exploded diagram in the instruction leaflet (H828X-IS001) the gear appears to be numbered H82807.
Unfortunately Bachmann no longer have this part available and suggested that I enquire on this forum as to whether any body might know of a source for this part.
This is an exquisite model and I would be sad to see it consigned to the scrap yard for want of a single part.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Kind regards,
Victor Rance
PO Box 266
MARDEN 5070
South Australia

ACY

Finding the parts in Australia is not likely and finding them in the USA is likely cost prohibitive due to the costs of shipping without the risk of them getting lost or damaged. So you are likely out of luck unless you can justify spending an exorbitant amount of money to get the parts, even finding them in the USA will not be easy.

skipper007

Try Bachmann parts department again. I just received an order for a couple truck assemblies for their new 2-truck climax, they fit the  the old model with the bad gears. They have other parts you may need.

Ken Huck

Hello Victor,

The newer 70-ton Climax trucks are interchangeable with the older 50-ton Climax.
That being said, another problem to look for is the short drive-shaft between the front
truck and the transmission.  One of the yokes that attach to the truck could be split as
well, or it just could be slipping off of the front truck.  I applied the smallest amount of CA
adhesive as I could and this seems to have solved that problem.

Hope this helps.

Ken