News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new track

Started by junior22, December 26, 2014, 10:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior22

I have the old  wagon Ho  25 years approx  and I need a new track     ,   i goes to a store and  the new track  is good for my old wagon  im sorry  I for my english is not verry good

Reinhard S

Hi.

When you are ready to purchase the track ( I am assuming your locomotive/cars are HO since you posted here) determine what system (DC or AC) your locomotives/cars are.  The DC system uses a 2 rail track whereas AC uses a third rail or studs down the center of the track.  Once determined I would recommend purchasing nickel-silver track such as EZ-track from Bachmann for example since it is much more easy to maintain.  The Bachmann EZ-Track is a 2 rail DC system that comes with either black or gray roadbed.  The gray roadbed will be the nickel-silver track.  Hope this helps.

All the best.

Reinhard

jbrock27

RHS, by 'AC' do you mean DCC?  HO motors all run by DC current going to the rails, not AC current.  I do not believe there is any such animal, at least in North America, that is 3 rail HO track.
Keep Calm and Carry On

ACY

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 26, 2014, 03:09:57 PM
RHS, by 'AC' do you mean DCC?  HO motors all run by DC current going to the rails, not AC current.  I do not believe there is any such animal, at least in North America, that is 3 rail HO track.
Trix/Marklin 3 rail track is actually readily available in the US from the distributor Walthers. Besides them there isn't any AC HO locomotives available or 3 rail track.

Reinhard S

Hi jbrock.

I should have been more specific in regards to AC.  As ACY pointed out the three rail HO AC system is used by Maerklin/Trix.  40 years ago you could not run a Maerklin car on 2 rail DC because the wheel axles on the trucks were not isolated causing a short.  Over the years they may have changed this in order for the cars to be used on standard DC. 

All the best.

Reinhard

James in FL

Hi junior22,

I interpret your post to ask this;
You have old, 25 year old, rolling stock, made by Bachmann, HO gauge.
You want new track, it's anybody's guess, what's wrong with the old? and why it can't be reconditioned and used?
Irrelevant of that, you found new track at your LHS and found track of the same gauge. It fits.
That's what I interpret.

If this is what you want, then purchase it, check pricing from several online vendors.
I do not know where in the world you live.

What specifically is it, that you see is at fault?
Power?
Track?
Locomotive?
Rolling stock?
We need more information to better help.
Await your reply.

jbrock27

Thank you ACY and RHS for teaching me something new today :)

Jimmy FLA, I think you are right on point-an interpreter is needed in this situation ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On