News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

changing sounds

Started by laynelandry, December 08, 2014, 12:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laynelandry

I have an ho scale emd gp7 and I hear that theres a way to change the horn on it. how do I do it?

laynelandry

fyi, im just getting started.

Doneldon

layne-

We need more information in order to answer your question. What is the brand of your loco? Does it have sound now? What are
you using for your DCC system?  We should be able to give you a clear answer once we have this information.
                                                                                                                                                                   -- D

laynelandry

it has sound now, its a soundtraxx decoder with dcc, im using the MRC prodigy express squared controller

bapguy

On Soundtraxx CV 115 changes the horn type. If you have the DCC Soundvalue decoder, the number of horns is limited. The Soundvalue has 3 horns on it. In CV115 the values are 0,1 or 2 I believe. Do you know how to program CV's ?  Joe

rogertra

Rather than fumbling around with CVs, just download and install JMRI and you then go to sounds, horns and select the available horn that you need.

Ditto for whistle, bells, bell ring rate, whistle volume, hiss sound, chuff rate, chuff volume, over all engine sound level and all the other sound FX, speed curves, etc., etc..

No need to know what CV does what, JMRI does all that for you.

Cheers

Roger T.

laynelandry

I found a guide for the decoder. thank you guys.