News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC in 45 Ton Switcher

Started by Jerry sr, December 15, 2014, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry sr

Nov. 30, 2014  I purchased a GE 45 ton switcher # BAC 85201 From Model Train Stuff (A Good Company to deal with), this switcher has DCC on Board. When I received it, it appears the DCC would not work. It would work on DC completely, including the headlights  forward & reverse. When I tried it with DCC it would not operate , the only thing that would operate front headlight. I checked the manufacturer it showed 101, version 046. I tried the factory reset of CV8 - 8 both  in program & main track format to no avail. I contacted Model Train Stuff , they sent me a return authorization prepaid shipping label, item was sent back . They sent me a GE 45 ton switcher BAC 85207 as they were out of Stock of the original. The same problem exists with the new switcher. Is there a master reset that i could use to reset board for DCC. I tried the address 3 & all variations i could think of. So before i call Model Train Stuff again, is there any thing i am missing , or do i have to send it directly to Bachmann for repair. I am using a NCE Pro Cab with a 5 amp  booster.
Thank You
Jerry Armstrong

Bucksco

Is this a brand new model - first time out of the box?

Jerry sr

Yes this was new out of the box.

Bucksco

Call our service department during normal operation hours @ (215) 533-1600 and ask for Rodney or Harry in the service department. They are well versed in DCC and should be able to help you. You might also want to consult your NCE manual to troubleshoot as well.

Jerry sr

Thanks will call tomorrow. I went through the NCE book, since it wasnt a NCE decoder, I couldnot use #7 i recovery program. 
Thanks
Jerry Armstrong