News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale Train Set Questions

Started by rufas2000, November 27, 2012, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufas2000

Hi, I'm interested in getting back into N Scale railroading but have some questions.

This is what is in my Amazon Shopping Cart.

Bachmann Trains Thunder Valley Ready-to-Run N Scale Train Set

Bachmann E-Z Track Crossing Gate - N Scale

Bachmann 5 Inch Straight Track (6/Card) - N Scale

Bachmann Industries Inc. 50' Plug-Door Box Car Chessie - N Scale

Bachmann ACF 40' Log Car 1906 - 1935 Version - N Scale

Bachmann Industries Inc. ACF 36' 6" 10,000 Gallon Single-Dome Tank Car Texaco - N Scale

Bachmann Industries Inc. ACF 50' 6" Outside Braced Sliding Door Box Car Burlington Northern - N Scale -

My questions are:

Will the crossing gate need an extra piece of track to complete the layout (like the shorter EZ Track converter piece). I heard the crossing gate track is shorter than the standard EZ Straight Track.

Will I have to change the couplers on the train set cars to match the EZ Mate Couplers on the separate freight cars? How hard a job is that if so? Is there another reasonable priced Bachmann set that has compatible couplers?

I'm hoping for something simple that works well. Thanks so much.

skipgear

Consider finding a LHS so you can see the items in person. The set if it is a recent production piece should have dummy knuckle couplers which will work with the Ezmate couplers on the cars. Not sure about the crossing gate question.

I know it really isn't important when starting out but the log car is really out of place with all the rest of the equipment you chose.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

rufas2000

Thanks for the response. It was helpful. :)

James in FL

The crossing gate's track is 4.5 in., so you will need to add one of these to your shopping cart.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=216