News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ditch light wiring

Started by sbeck80, August 18, 2012, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbeck80

I have the new Bachmann Spectrum 8-40Cw with Dcc.  If I wanted to drill out the ditch light casings and add small led's how would I wire that into the existing board?  I just want them to go on with the headlight, so no flashing or separate dcc function.  Can I wire them in series into the existing front headlight led without any extra resistors?  Has someone else done this on the model I have and can share some pictures?  Thanks!

richg

Quote from: sbeck80 on August 18, 2012, 10:42:28 AM
I have the new Bachmann Spectrum 8-40Cw with Dcc.  If I wanted to drill out the ditch light casings and add small led's how would I wire that into the existing board?  I just want them to go on with the headlight, so no flashing or separate dcc function.  Can I wire them in series into the existing front headlight led without any extra resistors?  Has someone else done this on the model I have and can share some pictures?  Thanks!

You can put them in series assuming you are sure the headlight is an LED. No extra resistor is needed.

Rich

sbeck80

According to Bachmann's manual on it then it had an led and I should be good to go!  Thx!

richg

Quote from: sbeck80 on August 18, 2012, 12:16:42 PM
According to Bachmann's manual on it then it had an led and I should be good to go!  Thx!

Watch the polarity if you have not worked with LED's. If one is connected in reverse, none will light.

Rich