News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Medium Vanderbilt Tender Issue

Started by Run8, March 16, 2012, 11:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Run8

I have a Southern Pacific 2-8-0 with DCC on board.  I would like to swap out the stock rectangular tender for the Vanderbilt tender, but when I do, the locomotive only sits there and the tender buzzes.  The Vandy has a NCE D14SRP installed in it.  I noticed that the connector is upside down and backward, and upon removing the shell, the wiring in the Vandy is totally different than in the stock tender.  Does anyone have an idea about what to do in order to get the thing to work?

jonathan

Run8,

Take the electronics out of the stock tender.  Put that set into the new tender, if it will fit. 

Check the history of tender swaps on this forum.  It works every time.

I have done numerous tender swaps and always exchange the boards.  I know, I know... you shouldn't have to change out the boards, theoretically, but it works and not that hard to do.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jonathan

electrical whiz kid

As  modeler, I have as yet to prototypically replicate any engine.  I once took twl Bachmann 2-10-2 Santa Fe types, and made them into my own concoction somewhat resembling New Haven prototypes.  I like to make them look as if they were working on MY railroad, so I sort of re-engineer as I see fit.  It is prety much fun.
Rich