News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Rail Boss 0-6-0 3233 Steam Loco

Started by Marksdome, March 02, 2012, 05:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marksdome

New user, new to model railroading 1st train is a Bachmann Rail Boss 0-6-0 3233. My question is how do I get it to blow smoke? I bought the liquid smoke, filled it with some but it does nothing. Help please.

Jerrys HO

Mark

I don't believe that that engine has a smoke unit in it. The best way to check is to remove the shell and there is a box that sit's under the stack with an element running through it, or just use a small pen light and look in the stack. I don't know how important it would be since you already added smoke fluid to remove the shell and clean the fluid off. It may not hurt anything,hopefully other's can elaborate more.

I believe this is your set and no where does it say it smoke's
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=BACU0687

Not all steam loco's have the smoke unit in it. Most modeler's prefer not to have smoke as it leaves mineral oil all over the tracks,scenery,etc.

If you want smoke it can be added with a little work. Be prepared to do some extensive cleaning.
Here's a link to the smoke unit's

http://factorydirecttrains.com/smokeunits.aspx

Jerry

Marksdome

Jerry,

Thanks for the info and the links. Like I said new to modeling and enjoying it very much. My next question is about combining track types, using ez track want more flexible type track like Atlas, would you have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mark

jonathan

Mark,

There is no problem combining track types.  I've combined EZ track, Atlas Snap Track, Flex Track, Brass Track, and Code 100 to Code 83. 

The trick is to get the tops of the rails even when marrying different types of track.  Easy to do with a minimum of practice.

You may want to start new threads as you think of new questions. Many here ready and willing to help.

Welcome!

Jonathan

Jerrys HO

Mark

As jonathan said using different brands will work. A little shimming and cutting will do.
On some pieces of EZ track I had to cut the connecting tab off to join them to other brands.

Jonathan brings up a good point about starting another thread on unrelated issues as there are other's who can give more results to help. The more info you can aquire the better as you can see the different way's people adapt their modeling skills to better their railroad. Jonathan is an excellent modeler and if you click on his photo book under his name you can browse through an excellent railroad. A lot of ideas of my layout came from his just remodeled it to my preference.

Jerry