News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EM-1 2-8-8-4

Started by morrisonfred, February 28, 2012, 05:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrisonfred

The EM-1 comes with an alternate headlight.  I would like to install it in place of the factory installed one.   Anyone have a suggestion about how to change the headlight?  The locomotive diagram says nothing about this.

jonathan

Actually, the instructions do explain the procedure, perhaps not to the detail most would prefer.  You will need to do a little soldering to install the twin beam light.

The old light will lift out, you then snip the wires.

Regards,

Jonathan

blf

From my research on this variation, not all EM-1's had these lights, and only after they were renumbered to a 3 didgit number. Have never seen a picture of one any other way. This is not to be critical, but just to make you aware of the proto type application. Not a B&O guru but it's all I turned up. Also, only seem to have been changed from single to double in the last year or two of operation. Bill

GN.2-6-8-0

I was pleased my version 7627 had the dual headlight already installed  ;D and if it might be incorrect won't really worry to much about it.....like the look and appreciate Bachmann adding this detail.
Rocky Lives

jonathan

blf is right about the dual beam headlight.  It was only added to just a few EM-1s, and at the end of their lives.  Can't remember which ones at the moment.

My #7627 did not come with the dual light installed.  I considered the change, but left if alone.  The B&O fan in me would feel the need to renumber the loco to a 3 digit, if I put in the dual beam.  That's just me.

I would love to see a pic of the switch, when you're done, if possible.

Regards,

Jonathan

morrisonfred

Thanks for all the input.  My EM-1 is 7627.  I found photos of 7627 before and after it was renumbered.  No evidence that it ever had the twin sealed beam headlight.  My model came with that one installed.  The other headlight came in a package with two leads not attached to the light.