News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Not moving

Started by Glennbob, January 12, 2012, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glennbob

Just got a new 2-8-0 and right out of the box it will not move, light up or make any noise, Nada!

If I open it up to check it does that void the warranty?

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

It shouldn't void the warranty if you open it up. On a lot of engines, you have to open them up to lubricate the inner workings. A lot of people will open up the engines to add a sound decoder or change the decoder, or in the case of dc or dcc ready engines, add a decoder. Before anything, I would check the connection between the engine and tender to make sure the cables are plugged all the way into place. I had issues with that for a while when I got a bachmann 2-8-0 a few years ago. When I went to test it, I plugged the wires into the inappropriate spots and it didn't work so my dad and I pulled it off the tracks and it was the wires between the engine and tender not being plugged in all the way. They should snap into place. Hope this helps you figure out the problem.     

richg

Are you using any kind of power? lol

DC or DCC power?

DCC ready?

DCC on board?

Are you sure there is power to the track?

In the future, more detals might help others to give you suggestions on what to look for.

Rich

jonathan

I hope this doesn't sound silly, but have you connected the tender, yet?

It will not run without the tender wires connected and seated all the way in.

Also, it is possible accidently spin the tender wheels around backwards.  Just a thought.

Regards,

Jonathan