Pictures of the new S4's paint schemes out yet?

Started by jettrainfan, September 02, 2011, 09:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jettrainfan

The shipment is due October of this year, and i was wondering if there is any pics of the paint schemes yet? Really want to get a ATSF one with sound when it comes on E-bay or modeltrainstuff.com :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

the Bach-man

Dear Jet,
When we approve paint samples we'll post photos.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

What Tsunami Sound dcoder will the S-4 have? I personally think the ALCO 539 Non-Turbocharged would sound the best in the S-4.

jward

the 539 non turbo would be inappropriate for an s4. not only did the s4 and s2 use the turbo 539, the turbo whistle was one of the most distinctive features of the s4. they didn't sound like anything else out there. having grown up around s2s and s4s, i can say that the quickest way not to sell me a sound equipped s4 is to leave the turbo whistle out.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Quote from: jward on October 24, 2011, 04:25:41 PM
the 539 non turbo would be inappropriate for an s4. not only did the s4 and s2 use the turbo 539, the turbo whistle was one of the most distinctive features of the s4. they didn't sound like anything else out there. having grown up around s2s and s4s, i can say that the quickest way not to sell me a sound equipped s4 is to leave the turbo whistle out.

I made that post before I compared what soundtraxx offered compared to what the S2 and S4 had for a prime mover. And it was my PERSONAL opinion from listening to the 5 different (yet for differant variations of the same prime mover [i.e. the 539 Non Turbo/539 Turbo, and the 251 12 Cylinder/251 Super-Charged/251 16 Cylinder]) yet similar sounding prime movers. Plus I have never seen one in action. I would love to though. I love ALCO engines. Later Steam and ALCO diesels mainly.