News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum Dash 8 sound

Started by Big Tom, May 11, 2011, 06:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tom

Hi,
     I have a BNSF spectrum dcc Dash 8 and would like to install a sound card.  any suggestions as to what and where I can find one?

ACY

Before I can help you...
Do you want to piggyback a sound only decoder, do you want the most cost effective option, or the highest quality, do you have previous experience installing into tight spaces?

Big Tom

I am thinking of adding a dummy dash 8 or a freight car to avoid the battle of big hands and small spaces. 

richg

Quote from: Big Tom on May 12, 2011, 06:50:17 AM
I am thinking of adding a dummy dash 8 or a freight car to avoid the battle of big hands and small spaces. 

Might have the same problem there also.

Rich

Doneldon

Large Thomas-

You won't necessarily find that installing sound in a separate vehicle is all that much easier than putting it in your existing locomotive. Also, you can put a one-piece sound and motion decoder in your existing loco which will not just make for a more compact package. It will also allow you to improve its operation.
                                                                                            -- D

Big Tom

Thanks, I will look for that unit and replace what is in there.  By the way its Big Tom not large Tom.  I may be 6'7 but not as wide as I am tall.  Thanks again.